Sugar Free Avocado Chocolate Pudding

Monday, January 12, 2015

Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a nice, relaxing, and fun weekend. Ours was extremely low key. Baby girl got her 6 month shots on Friday plus a flu shot, so she wasn't feeling very well over the weekend. We mainly hung out at home and had extra snuggle time.

On Saturday, I woke up early and got in a great HIIT workout before Belle started to stir. E's parents came in town to bring the pup back to us (they watched him for us since we couldn't fit him in the car after Christmas), so we spent most of Saturday just hanging out at home spending time with them. It is always great to have them over! Since we got the thumbs up from the pediatrician on Friday, baby girl got to test out solid food for the first time on Saturday. We started with sweet potatoes, and I don't think she completely hated them. The faces sure were funny!




Sunday started with a killer tabata workout (I will post for workout Wednesday), and then it was grocery store time for little bit and I. It is so weird to me that she can sit up like a big girl in the cart. I think she was still feeling a little under the weather from her shots because she wasn't her normal smiley self. We spent the rest of Sunday watching the Cowboys game (sad day), snuggling and prepping for the week. It was definitely a low key weekend, but those are nice from time to time!




Next up, I have a DELICIOUS new recipe for you guys. What better way to start out the week than with chocolate? I can't really think of one. Can you? As I mentioned last week, I am really trying to cut back on my sugar intake so this recipe is sugar free but you won't even know it (really, I promise)!




I have seen avocado pudding recipes on many of my favorite blogs, but had never given it a try. I love avocados and I LOVE chocolate, but the two mixed? I was skeptical to say the least! Last week the stars aligned and I had avocados and cocoa powder in my house at the same time, so I had no excuses not to try it. I checked out a few different recipes and then ended up coming up with a creation of my own to keep the sugar count low.


Hallelujah! I am a total believer now! It's rich, chocolaty, and oh so satisfying. I literally had to force myself not to eat the entire bowl in one sitting (the recipe makes four servings). It's the perfect treat to crush a sweat tooth without derailing your healthy eating goals. I dare you to give it a try!

Sugar Free Avocado Chocolate Pudding

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 5 min
Keywords: blender dessert gluten-free paleo soy-free sugar-free
Ingredients (3-4 servings)
  • 2 medium ripe (not brown) avocados
  • 3 medium bananas
  • 6 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp liquid stevia (add to taste)
  • 1/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
Instructions
Peel and slice avocados and bananas.
Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender.
Pulse until smooth.
Consume straight from said device or chill and then serve. :)
Powered by Recipage


If you try it out, let me know what you think! I'm off to finish a little work before the tiny human wakes up from her nap. I hope you have a marvelous rest of your day! Linking up with Katie for Marvelous In My Monday and wishing you all a marvelous Monday!



If you haven't already, you only have one more day to enter my Spartan Race Entry Giveaway! You can win a free race entry to any Spartan Race in the continental US! 

Have you ever tried avocado pudding? What did you think?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
2 Comments »

2 Responses to “Sugar Free Avocado Chocolate Pudding”

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.