Happy Tuesday! I hope you had a great weekend and your week is going well. This weekend, I headed down to Houston to celebrate two of my amazing friends, Daphne and Patrick's, upcoming wedding. They had a stock the bar shower and it was so much fun. Lots of fun times with good friends! I couldn't be happier for the beautiful couple!
|Daphne and her bridesmaids|
Sunday we celebrated Easter with a wonderful Easter service at church and some grilling for dinner. It was perfect!
Today, I wanted to talk about some of my favorite pregnancy friendly beauty products. Whenever I found out I was pregnant, I cut out any products with salicylic acid or retinol immediately for the safety of the growing bambino. Luckily, there are some great products out there that I have found and absolutely love!
Next up is eye cream. Since I teach aerobics for a living, and make a ton of facial expressions while doing so (which involves a lot of smiling and squishing of my eyes), eye cream has always been super important to me. I think I can remember using anti wrinkle eye cream in high school. A little dramatic I'm sure, but I did it. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a pregnancy safe and effective eye cream out there. Needless to say, I was over the moon excited when my in laws gave me this one for Christmas!
Mama Mio Eye Know is a protein-rich eye serum formulated with peptides, grape stem cell technology, and antioxidants. It helps combat wrinkles, dark circles, puffiness, and my biggest problem, dryness. I absolutely LOVE it!
Lastly, no skincare routine is complete without an awesome moisturiser. I turned to Mama Mio on this one as well for there Mighty Moisure High Protein Day & Night Moisturiser.
The best part about this moisturiser is it is a one stop show. You can use it day and night and it is actually a combo serum and moisturiser in one! It is packed with 4 moisturisers, 3 firming proteins, 2 peptides, essential amino acids, pre+probiotics, antioxidants, vitamins, and algae extracts. Pretty much it's a miracle in a bottle. It lasts forever too. I am still working on the same bottle I got for Christmas and I use it twice a day!
If you are a mommy-to-be on the look out for other great health and beauty products, you have to check out the amazing giveaway going on over at For Two Fitness right now!
The Grand Prize Giveaway items include:
- 2 Sarah Haley Fit DVDs Expecting More and Sweat Unlimited — prenatal and postpartum workout DVDs for fit mamas and mamas-to-be.
- Kind Bars — 25 bar gift box of healthy snacks to fuel your day, with healthy ingredients you can see and pronounce.
- Maclaren Beginnings care products — generous gift bundle of oils, lotions, shampoos, and nursery/powder room products for both mama and baby.
- GNC – a three month supply of prenatal vitamins.
- Happy Family Brands — baby and toddler foods for your little ones.
- For Two Fitness racerback tank and pair of pants or capris
- Baby K’tan — stylish carrier to aid in hands-free baby-wearing.
- Zensah — 2 sets of must-have compression leg sleeves. Relieve leg fatigue, increase circulation, reduce varicose veins, and get fresh legs.
What are your go to beauty products?