My new favorite breakfast - Blueberry Chia Pudding

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Hi Everyone,

Happy Thursday! Today has been a busy busy day. I started off with a client at 5:30am, then headed over the the pilates studio to teach a mat class at 7:00am and a barre class at 9:00am. Both were rocking, but I particularly love my barre playlist right now. Since I listen to country music most of the time, I sometimes have trouble keeping variety in my song choice (people don't really want to sweat their butts off to George Strait), but thanks to Spotify, I am overcoming that little issue!



I was sweating buckets in class. After class, it was a quick break for a second breakfast (the first was just a protein bar), and then off to teach a bootcamp class and train another client. My class kicked some serious butt today! Lunch was super simple since I didn't get to eat until 2:30pm. I had turkey roll-ups with avocado in the middle and a salad with romaine lettuce, carrots, pumpkin seeds, raisins, and nutritional yeast. It hit the spot.



Speaking of eating, I wanted to share with you guys my new favorite breakfast. I have been trying to cut back on my overall grain intake since no grain really sits great with me. However, I have been missing my morning oatmeal! Chia pudding isn't warm like oatmeal, but has a similar consistency and hits the spot for me. It is also packed with nutrients, such as fiber, protein, and omega 3's! They are also extremely filling and help you stay hydrated. To learn more about the benefits of chia seeds check out this post.



The first step is to pour 3/4 cup of almond milk (or milk of choice) over 3 tbsp chia seeds. Allow to sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. I put mine in the fridge before my run, so it had about an hour and a half to soak since I didn't eat them until after I was done getting cleaned up.



When you take your pudding out of the refrigerator, the chia seeds will have blown up as they absorb a ton of liquid. After they hung out in the fridge and got nice and plump, I added 1 packet of stevia, 1 tbsp flax seeds, 1 tbsp hemp seeds, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and another splash of almond milk.



It may look a little crazy, but I promise it is delicious!! Don't judge a book by it's cover. It's perfect when you need something quick and easy for breakfast (as long as you think ahead to put it in the fridge the night before).

I'm off to teach my last pilates class of the day!



Have a wonderful rest of your day!!

In health,


share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.