Apple Pie Pancake Saturday

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hello There!

Happy Superbowl Sunday! Are you ready for the big game? I don't really love either team, but I'm excited to see the commercials and hang out with great friends!
E finally came home after a week of being away for work on Friday! I was beyond excited to see him!! He walked through the doors holding these beauties. What a sweet guy!


Friday evening, we went to dinner with some of our friends to celebrate my birthday. I felt so blessed to have so many friends helping me celebrate the occasion! I seriously have the most amazing friends!

We've been doing a lot of pounding the pavement around here this weekend. Champ has been extra crazy lately, so we've been trying to walk out some of his energy. I'm not sure if it's working, but I enjoy the walks too, so it's all good!


I've been on a pancake kick lately, and find myself craving them on the weekends! Again, I was out of eggs by the time the weekend rolled around so I had to get creative. When I opened my fridge, the first thing I saw was apple sauce, so I decided to roll with that! Meet apple pie pancakes topped with peanut butter and strawberries. MMM MMMM good! :)

Gluten Free Apple Pie Pancakes

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 10
Keywords: grill breakfast vegan gluten-free

Ingredients (3 pancakes)
  • 1/3 cup Bob's Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
  • 2 tbsp flaxseed
  • 1.5 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
  • 4 tbsp almond milk (or milk of choice)
  • 1/8 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/8 tsp xantham gum
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 package stevia
  • dash of salt
Instructions
Mix all ingredients together in small bowl.
Pour 1/3 of mixture onto heated skillet and cook evenly on both sides.
Top with fruit and nut butter of choice (optional).
Powered by Recipage

What did you do this weekend?

Are you routing for anyone in the Super Bowl?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.