Sweet and Delicious Christmas Squash

Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy Day After Christmas!

How was your Christmas, Hanakuh, or holiday celebration? If you were celebrating yesterday, I hope you had an absolutley amazing day. We were so blessed to spend our day with our wonderful families!


We are about to head out for some Day-After-Christmas shopping so I will be back with a full Christmas recap later, but I wanted to share a delicious and super easy recipe with you guys. For Christmas Eve dinner, I decided to make roasted butternut squash. Someone made it at our office party, and it was too good to be true, so I had to recreate it. Talk about easy and delicious. My younger siblings, who are extremely picky, even ate it!


Ingredients:
2 medium sized butternut squash cubed
1/3 cup Smart Balance buttery spread
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup crushed pecans

Directions:
1) It really helps if you zap the squash in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes before yout try to cut it. Butternut squash is extremely tough and the first time I tried to cut it I almost cut my hand off! Cut the squash up into 1 inch or so cubes.
2) Sprinkle pecans over squash.
3) Mix the remaining ingredients together and pour over squash.
4) Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until tender. Enjoy!

I hope you love it! I will be back tomorrow with a full Christmas recap! Have a wonderful day!

In health,


share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.