Try This Thursday - Cookies and Dolphins

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hey Everyone!

Happy Try This Thursday! How are you doing so far today? I would have to say that I am doing pretty great! It is an amazingly beautiful 65 degrees here in Dallas, my morning run went great, and I get to teach one of my favorite classes, yoga, at 11:30am! So much to be thankful for!

If you missed yesterday's post (because I posted it so late) on giving your body a little love, please check it out! I loved hearing what everyone loved about their body and why, and I want to hear from you too!

For today's Try This Thursday, I have a yummy new cookie for you to taste test and a great new yoga pose for you to incorporate into your workout routine (yogis and non-yogis alike)!

Let's start with the cookies, since I really want one right now even though I just finished breakfast! :)



These are my new favorite store bought treat! Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Soft-Baked Cookies; those just sound amazing right? They are pretty delicious I must say, and the nutrition facts aren't too shabby either. Check it out.


130 calories might seem like quite a bit for one cookie, but these things are pretty substantial. With 4g of fiber, 2g of protein, and only 8g of sugar, they are a winner in my book. There are a couple of other flavors, like oatmeal raisin etc., but these are the only ones I have tried. Have you tried any of the other TLC cookies? What did you think?

Next up, is our new move of the week - Dolphin. This move can be added to your yoga routine, strength training routine, or even your post run core work and stretching. This pose is a wonderful stretch for your chest and hamstrings, and also strengthens your shoulders and core.

[source]

Here is Yoga Journal's description on how to perform this pose: Come onto the floor on your hands and knees. Set your knees directly below your hips and your forearms on the floor with your shoulders directly above your wrists. Firmly press your palms together and your forearms into the floor. Curl your toes under, then exhale and lift your knees away from the floor. At first, keep the knees slightly bent and the heels lifted away from the floor. Lengthen your tailbone away from the back of your pelvis.  Hold your head between the upper arms; don't let it hang or press heavily against the floor. You can straighten your knees if you like, but if your upper back rounds it's best to keep them bent.

Hold dolphin for 5-10 breathes and then release beck into child's pose. You can also flow between dolphin and plank for a great core workout!

Lastly, you all know how much I love sushi, but seemingly healthy and innocent sushi can really be a fat trap waiting to suck you in. Check out this great slide show from "Eat This Not That." It shows you which rolls are good for your waistline, and which ones might give you a few new rolls of your own! Just kidding! :)

MMMMM my favorite, the California roll! [source]
Thankfully, this was on the "healthier" list! :)
I hope you all have an amazing Thursday, and I will see you soon!

Q's and A's:
Have you tried any of the TLC cookies?
If you missed yesterday's post, what is your favorite body part and why? I love my arms because they allow me to hug the ones I love.
Do you like sushi?

In health,


Enhanced by Zemanta

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.