More Snow and A Southwest Scramble

Friday, February 4, 2011

[source]


According to the weatherman, the snow was supposed to lighten up today. I was really hoping I could get out and about to run some errands and stretch out my legs. However, I woke up this morning to this!






Let me remind you I live in TEXAS! What is going on here? :)

Since I am oficialy snowed in today, I had to keep my workout indoors as well. To the yoga mat I went to do a series I learned in Tara Stiles' book Slim Calm Sexy Yoga.  I added a few extra poses and more sun salutations than I could count. Let's just say my triceps will love me tomorrow.

For lunch, I was craving something warm and slightly spicy, but my options were pretty limited. I went with a southwest egg white scramble. I mixed together 4 egg whites, black beans, spinach and wrapped it all in a whole wheat tortilla. It just wouldn't be lunch without an apple on the side. ;)




I also snacked on one of these guys for dessert!

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

Now, I am trying to decided if I am brave enough to follow in this persons foot steps and walk over to the apartment gym. I'm not going to lie, I am a little nervous! EEEK!


What do you think?? When I first sat down to write this post, I was going to talk about healthy eating during the Super Bowl, but then I remembered that fellow bloggers Laury and Emily had already done that for me! They are both super creative and have great recipes! Check them out at:

Laury at The Fitness Dish - 5 Menus Ideas for Your Super Bowl Party

Emily at A Nutritionist Eats - Super Bowl Food

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend, and have fun at all the Super Bowl activities!

Q's and A's:
Are you going to a Super Bowl party? Who are you cheering for?
What is your favorite party munchie?
Anybody else still snowed in?
What is your favorite snow day workout?

In health,



Enhanced by Zemanta

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.