ABC French Toast Video Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Howdy!

How are you today? I hope you are having a terrific Tuesday so far! This is going to be one yogatastic week for me. I am teaching my two regular yoga classes, subbing two other yoga classes, and then going to a fitness conference this weekend where I will be taking other instructors' classes! I am definitely making progress on my new year's resolution of deepening my yoga practice!

Yesterday's workout consisted of 30 minutes on the stairmaster, subbing a Yoga II class, and teaching my normal strength training class. I was once again reminded how much I love the stairmaster. It was 30 minutes of pure, sweat dripping, butt kicking, calorie blasting fun! I burned 406 calories in only 30 minutes. Now, that is a time effective workout.

Oh how I love you!
On to the fun! As part of the FoodBuzz Featured Publisher Tastemaker program, I was lucky enough to be sent a FlipHD camera and a coupon for 1 dozen Eggland's Best eggs. When I opened up the package and found the camera and coupon, I was beyond excited to make this video. Deep down inside, I really dream about being Rachel Ray!
Meet my new friend!

First of all, let me tell you a little bit about what makes Eggland's Best eggs different from regular eggs.
  • They have 10 times more vitamin E than regular eggs
  • Twice as much vitamin D than regular eggs
  • Lower cholesterol than regular eggs
  • 25% less saturated fat than regular eggs
  • 115mg of Omega-3s (which we learned about in this post)
For someone who eats eggs almost everyday, these stats look pretty amazing. I was asked to create a recipe using Eggland's Best eggs and my brand new flipHD camera and to share it with y'all. So here it is! No making fun!





For those of you who like written directions, here they are as well!

Ingredients:
2 Eggland's Best eggs
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
2 bananas
6 pieces of whole wheat bread

Directions:
  1. Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray and turn on medium-high heat.
  2. Mix all wet ingredients together in a square container.
  3. Coat both sides of the piece of bread with the mixture and place in the skillet.
  4. Flip bread and allow to cook until both sides are slightly brown and the mixture has dried.
  5. Top with the toppings of your choice. I used bananas and sugar free syrup, but you can use the nut butter of your choice, sliced apples, strawberries, blueberries, honey, agave, etc. The possibilities are endless.
The apple sauce and cinnamon gives this french toast something extra special. I hope you enjoy it, and thanks again to Foodbuzz and Eggland's Best for making this video possible.

Although these products were sent to me for review by Eggland's Best, the thoughts and opinions are all my own.

Q's and A's:
What is your favorite piece of cardio equipment?
What did your workout consist of today?
What's your favorite type of french toast or breakfast goody?
In health,


share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.