2011 New Years Resolutions!

Monday, January 3, 2011

"We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential."
 -Ellen Goodman

Happy Monday!

I hope everyone had a happy and healthy New Years! We stayed pretty low key on New Year's Eve. We went to dinner at my favorite Sushi restaurant Hoshi, and then Eric surprised me with frozen yogurt. After we were nice and full, we headed downtown to watch the live music and fireworks at Victory Park. We headed back home at about 12:05am. :) That's pretty crazy for me!

Not for us! [source]

On Friday, we talked about making S.M.A.R.T. goals for 2011. After quite a bit of brainstorming and some strategic planning, I think I am ready to share all of my goals for the upcoming year! According to research, people who explicitly make resolutions are 10 times more likely to attain their goals than people who don't explicitly make resolutions.

Last year, I went with the traditional resolution to "lose weight." I know, I know...weak! But this year, is a whole different story. I have more specific goals and a game plan to achieve them! I'm not going to focus solely on weight loss, "toning up," or eating healthier, but on living for the moment and exploring all types of health and fitness. In 2011, I will strive to find balance in my workouts, my eating, my life, and my mind. I believe a happy and balanced life will lead to a healthy life!

Balanced Goals For 2011 

1. Complete at least 4, 1/2 marathons. My plan is to complete 2 in the Spring and 2 in the Fall. I have already signed up for the Dallas Rock N Roll 1/2 marathon in March, and I plan to compete in either the Heels and Hills half or the Dallas Running Club White Rock half. I hope to finish every race injury free and in under 2 hours! I know with dedication, my trusty running shoes, and some good music, I will be able to put a check mark next to this goal come December.


2. Deepen my Yoga Practice. In 2011, I will to continue to practice yoga at least 3 days a week. I usually teach yoga 2+ times a week and practice on my own at my house once or twice a week. In the upcoming year, I will explore new types of yoga by taking at least one class a month by an instructor I am not familiar with. This month, I am exploring Bikram Yoga at a studio in Grapevine. As an instructor, I sometimes get in somewhat of a yoga rut, so I hope to prevent this by trying out different versions of yoga and taking from new instructors. Obtaining my YogaFit Level 2 certification is also on my list of to-do's for 2011. I'm hoping this resolution will help lower my stress level and keep me injury free while training! :)


3. Be more daring in the kitchen. In 2011, I will strive to try at least one new recipe a week. I plan to gather recipes throughout the week via magazines, blogs, websites, and cookbooks and then run them by Eric before we head to the grocery store on Sunday. By planning ahead, I will make sure I have all of the ingredients I need to make new and exciting lunches and dinners during the week. I even got a gift from Santa to help get me started.


4. Improve my blogging skills. Starting this blog back in June was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I never could have imagined how much fun I would have, how much I would learn and grow as a person, or how many new friends I would make threw blogging! My goals for 2011 are to continue posting at least 5x's a week, increase reader traffic and interaction, and continue to research and write about interesting health and fitness topics to help readers reach all of their health and fitness goals.


5. Make 2011 my healthiest year yet by achieving balance in life, health, happiness, and mind. I am by nature a worrier, and no matter how healthy I eat or how much I work out, I will never be my healthiest self while still worrying about every little thing. In 2011, I am going to take what life throws at me and know that I can handle it as long as I remember to keep breathing and just smile! :)


Here's to our healthiest happiest year yet!! Thank you for sharing 2010 with me, and I look forward to all 2011 has in store for us!

Questions of the day:
What are your New Years resolutions?
What would you like to see more of on Fun, Fit and Fabulous in 2011?

In health,


share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.