What A Weekend!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy Monday!

How was everyone's weekend? Did you do anything extra fun? My weekend was jam packed from Friday morning until Sunday evening, but it was great!!

On Friday, I drove down to College Station to attend a Yoga Workshop at Texas A&M. Julz Arney (who I talked about on Friday) taught an amazing power yoga class using all acoustic music. It was so cool!! I am definitely going to have to try this with my yoga class! I usually use instrumental music in my yoga class, so I am a little nervous about what my students would thing about the acoustic music. What do you think?

I hate driving by myself (especially for 3+ hours), so I decided to try downloading a couple of podcasts to keep my occupied during my drive. This was the best idea I have had in a long time!! The drive seriously flew by, and I learned a lot along on the way. I downloaded a couple of different podcasts, but two were by far my favorites.


Meet the Nutrition Diva! [source]

Nutrition Diva: Quick and Dirty Tips For Eating Well and Feeling Fabulous - From their site: "Nutrition Diva host Monica Reinagel is a board-certified Licensed Nutritionist and a professionally-trained chef. She has authored three books on health and nutrition, developed recipes and diet plans for websites and other publications, and currently works as blogger-in-chief and nutrition guru for NutritionData.com." Monica shares her best nutrition tips and health secrets!

Marathon Training Academy: Inspiring you to run a marathon and change your life - I absolutely loved this podcast! It is done by a husband and wife pair. The wife, Angie, is a marathon machine, but the husband, Trevor, is just starting to find his running stride. They offer sound down-to-earth advice on running, nutrition, sticking to your goals, and living your healthiest life! From their website: "Mission Statement: Marathon Training Academy exists to inspire and empower everyday people to live healthier lives, achieve fitness goals, and reach new milestones by tapping into their marathon potential."

On Saturday, I went to lunch with my family and stopped by for a quick visit with my grandparents before heading back to Dallas while enjoying more podcasts! In the evening, we hung out with a lot of Eric's work friends. I went to bed WAY past my bedtime and paid for in Sunday morning. I usually wake up on Sundays excited for my long run, but not today. Luckily, this was a little bit of a rest week so I was only scheduled to run 5 miles.

After my run, I grabbed some lunch and headed to meet my friend Mallory for a movie. We saw No Strings Attached with Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher. It was really funny, but definitely a chick flick!


I would definitely recommend it! Today, is going to be busy busy, so I am off to work. I hope you all have a fantastic day!


Q's & A's:
Do you think you would enjoy a yoga class set to all accustic music?
Do you find music with words distracting during a yoga class?
What did you do this weekend?
If you listen to podcasts, which are some of your favorites?

In health,


Enhanced by Zemanta

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.