Oatmeal Cookie Experiment

Friday, January 28, 2011

TGIF - I'm one tired pup! [source]

Happy Friday Everyone!!

I have bulldog puppy fever big time! The day I finally get a puppy you better be ready for puppy pictures to take over this blog. Just kidding, but I really do want a bulldog puppy! :)

I love Fridays, especially when I am off work. (Who wouldn't love that?) This morning, I woke up went for a quick run and then headed out to teach a strength training class. This is another reason I love Fridays - I absolutely love my Friday strength class. Those ladies and gentlemen are amazing!

When I got home from teaching, I made a quick egg white sandwich with a side of sliced apple and peanut butter Greek yogurt dip. Yum Yum! Then it was time to fire up the oven!

In honor of National Oatmeal Month, I made some delicious stuffed oatmeal cookies. This recipe is adapted from Jenna's recipe over at Eat Live Run. I was craving traditional oatmeal raisin cookies with a splash of Craisins, however I knew chocolate needed to be involved for Eric to eat them. Since I didn't have any chocolate chips on hand, and going to the grocery store usually results in me spending way too much money, I decided to get creative. Hmmmm what could I use? I know, Snickers!


Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup oats
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
1 egg
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tbsp. Smart Balance (you could substitute margarine or butter here)
2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup Craisins
1 chopped up Snickers (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Stir together all dry ingredients, minus the raisins, Craisins and Snickers.


3. Stir in all wet ingredients.


4. From here, I divided the dough in half so I could make half with Snickers and half with Raisins and Craisins. If you are just going with one version, you can skip this step and simply stir in whatever mix-ins you are using (chocolate chips, raisins, walnuts, candy, etc.)

Eric's dough


My dough

5. Using a tablespoon, scoop dough onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool and Enjoy!


Since Eric is at work, I HAD  to test out the Snickers cookies before I told you to make them. They were pretty much amazing! I mean what doesn't taste good with Snickers in it? The Raisin/Craisins cookies were delicious as well. If you are a fan of peanut butter oatmeal cookies, check out this recipe I made a few weeks ago.

It is an absolutely beautiful 70 degrees and sunny outside so I am thinking a walk is in order. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Q's and A's:
What are you doing this weekend?
What's your favorite candy to add to your baking?
Does anyone have a bulldog puppy they need a baby sitter for?

In health,


Enhanced by Zemanta

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.