Happy Happy Workout Wednesday! I hope you are all having a beautiful and sweaty week so far. My workout Wednesday started off with a bang thanks to my amazing and packed 6 AM Barre class. I say it all the time, but our clients really are the best. I love waking up to workout with them every day!
This edition of Workout Wednesday has two parts. First, I want to share with you some of my must have fitness products that I keep in my gym bag at all times. I seriously couldn't live without most of these items!
1) My Lululemon gym bag! I have had this bag for 3 years, and it is my absolute favorite bag in the entire world and still looks pretty brand new. That's impressive considering I've used it every day for the past 3 years. It has a gazillion pockets and is one of my favorite colors so it's a win win. Additionally, it was a gift from one of my favorite clients in Dallas, so I love that it reminds me of them.
2) Pink Plie ToeSox's - These babies are awesome. They keep your feet warm and have extra padding on the ball of the foot for barre classes.
3) Keurig Tumbler - Belle gave me this for my birthday, and it is my new favorite tumbler. It keeps my coffee ridiculously hot and water super cold.
4) Sophie the Giraffe - Mom problems right here. I'm not sure how this ended up in my gym bag, but it's handy for when Belle goes with me to the studio.
5) Headbands by The Whisky Dog - These headbands are made by a local Austin designer and they are great because 1) they actually stay on your head, 2) are super cute, and 3) are double sided so you get two for the price of one.
6) Gum and chapstick - These are must haves no matter who you are. Coffee breath and chapped lips are just not cool. :)
7) Nike Studio Wraps - If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you know that I have the unfortunate ability to dislocate my right pinky toe at the drop of a hat. This sucker has popped out of place 4 times in the last 3 years, and it doesn't like to go back in very easily. E bought me these after my third dislocation to try to protect it during class (I dislocated it on someone's water bottle that time). I have broken numerous bones and given birth to an almost 8 lb baby no problem, but having to get my stupid pinky toe put back into place is enough to make me want to bawl my eyes out. So needless to say, I am a big fan of my studio wraps so my baby toe stays right where it is suppose to!
8) Batiste Dry Shampoo - As someone who pretty much lives sweaty, I am somewhat of a dry shampoo connoisseur, and this baby is my ALL TIME FAVORITE! It smells great, doesn't make your hair look ashy, and isn't sticky at all. If you don't have any, go buy some!
9) Coach Wristlet - I use this as my wallet/mini purse. It's easy to throw back and forth between my gym bag and diaper bag so I always have what I need. It also keeps me from having to carry my entire gym bag in with me when I'm running errands or meeting a friend for lunch.
10) Tylenol - Even though cutting out gluten has drastically cut back on the number of headaches I have, I still battle tension headaches from time to time so tylenol is important.
11) ToeSox Leg Warmers - Last but not least are my new favorite Barre accessory.... leg warmers! When it is freezing outside, these things are amazing and look super cute I might add. Don't you knock 'em till you try them. Move over 1985, I'm coming for you!
I also usually have a water bottle, small makeup bag, and bandaids hidden somewhere in there!
Part two of this glorious Workout Wednesday is the quick and dirty (aka sweaty) workout I completed on Monday morning. I should have titled it, "Watch out 27, I'm going to kick your butt!" Anywho, it was a good one and only took 20 minutes.
Most of these exercises are pretty standard, but the plank to squat was new to me. It is essentially a burpee without standing up. That sounds like it would be nicer than a traditional burpee, but when you take out the standing portion, you end up staying in a squat or plank the entire time, and boy do your legs start to burn!
To begin, start in a deep squat position with hands on floor. Jump feet back into plank. Perform a push-up and then jump your feet back into your squat leaving hands on the floor. Sounds fun right?
Let me know if you give this workout a try! I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your workout Wednesday. Linking up for Workout Wednesday and Wild Workout Wednesday!
What is in your gym bag that you couldn't live without?
What is your favorite variation of a burpee? I think my all time favorite has to be a BOSU burpee!
share this on »