When I sat down to write today's post, I had so much on my mind that I couldn't really settle on a particular topic. I always love Running With Spoons "Thinking Out Loud Thursday" posts, so I thought I would link up with Amanda today and join the fun!
1) I am loving the cooler temperatures we are finally having in Austin! It actually feels like winter (a nice change from our one and only season Summer). The air is crisp and I can bust out all of my favorite sweaters, scarves, and boots. For someone who lives in Texas, I have WAY too much warm weather clothing. I am just way more drawn to sweaters than shorts I guess. The only downside of the weather, is it does make me want to stay inside and drink coffee ALL DAY LONG!
2) My booty is sore sore sore this week! I think the combination of some killer garage strength workouts and a super hard (in the best way possible) Barre playlist, has done my poor cupcakes in (I secretly love it)!
3) Belle has absolutely zero interest in rolling over, and it is starting to make me worry. Total first time mom problems, I know. She rolls from her back to her side all the time and actually prefers to sleep in this position. She can also roll onto her back if I help her tuck her arm underneath her, but she hasn't done it 100% by herself yet. She just freaking hates tummy time and usually starts screaming within a few minutes or so. The pediatrician didn't seem to concerned, but I can't seem to stop worrying about it! Since she hates being on her belly, she is perfectly content to roll to her side and just stop! She stares at me like, "What mom? I'm just hanging out hitting my dinosaur."
Like a good big brother, champ has tried to help her learn, but even he hasn't had any luck!
This is usually the face I get when we try to practice rolling. She is not a fan.
4) On a positive note, my best friend Kelley is coming to town this weekend! Whoop! Kelley lives in Houston so I don't get to see her near enough. She arrives on Thursday evening and we have the whole weekend to party (old lady style of course). I see some Barre, brunch, and lots of walking in our future! Here is Kelley and I at her bachlorette party (I was 6 months prego with Belle..... no drinking for this lady in Vegas). She is pretty much the most fun person on the planet, so I'm pumped to see her!
5) I really need to work on my water consumption. I'm not sure if it's the cooler temps or just me not being as good about it as I normally am, but I have definitely been slacking lately. Between breastfeeding and teaching all the time, being dehydrated really isn't an option, so I have to step up my game!
6) Last but not least, the winner of the Spartan Race Entry Giveaway that I ran last week is David M. I will be emailing you shortly with your free race code. Thank you to everyone who entered!
What random things are on your mind this week?
Other Mommies out there, when did your babies start rolling over?
share this on »