Operation Body After Baby Step 1

Friday, August 1, 2014

Happy Friday Friends!


I hope you are all having a great Friday so far! This morning, it was abnormally cool here is Austin (for August). so Annabelle and I had to take advantage of the cooler temperatures by going on a walk! She was so good in her stroller, we were able to complete 4 miles before it got too hot outside.




It was wonderful to be able to get outside and stretch our legs. I feel like I've been trapped inside by the heat all month and I am OVER it. For a native Texan, I am not a huge fan of the heat by any means.

Annabelle is just a little over 3 weeks old now, and I am itching to get back into a workout routine. Even though I'm feeling pretty good, I know I still need to take it slow easing back into things. I'm not supposed to do anything high impact until I get the all clear at my 6 week postpartum checkup. Until then, I have been trying to fit in some kind of gentle exercise each day. My goal for the next two weeks is to aqueeze in 3 strength training workouts each week (using slightly lighter weights than pre-pregnancy) and walk at least 4 miles on days I don't lift weights. I say "squeeze" because I have to do them while tiny human is napping and how long she naps is still pretty unpredictable.

Today Annabelle and I conquered 4 miles outdoors no problem! Yesterday, I did my first full strength workout since bringing home my tiny human. It felt great, but my hamstrings are definitely talking to me today!



Everyone's recovery time is different, so be sure to get the all clear from your doctor before beginning any kind of exercise program post baby.

Although, I have to ease back into exercise, I can definitely start making healthy eating choices right away. Since I'm breastfeeding, I'm going to focus on eating a healthy, balanced diet not calorie restriction. I have also been really trying to cut back on my sugar consumption. A piece of dark chocolate here and there can really add up!

After I get the all clear from my doctor to resume all activity, I will layout my full #operationbodyafterbaby plan!

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.