Recent Eats + Bump Parties + One Good Laugh!

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Happy Tuesday Friends!

I hope you are all having a wonderful day so far. Yesterday, started out with a delicious breakfast of homemade blueberry muffins and strawberries. I am working on perfecting this high protein blueberry muffin recipe to freeze for when Annabelle arrives. For take one, I was super excited with how it turned out. I used almond flour and ground flax seeds which can be tricky sometimes, but I think I am almost there. I will be sure to share it with you guys when it's perfect.


After breakfast, it was off to the studio to do a little work up front and then teach my 11 AM Barre class. It turned out to be a bump party when I was joined by 5 other soon to be mommies for class. It was so much fun!


Look at all those gorgeous ladies. We range from around 16 weeks to 36 weeks.

After class, I was pretty hungry so I headed home for lunch. I have to keep each meal pretty small so Annabelle doesn't hit the reject button. I decided to go with turkey and avocado roll-ups (zapped in the microwave of course to kill any listeria) and a plum. It was delicious and Annabelle tolerated it which is always a plus. :)


So I am officially 36 weeks and 5 days pregnant, and it is safe to say I have reached the "uncomfortable just ready for this to be over and meet my little one" stage. I am still trying to enjoy all of her little kicks (emphasis on the little, her jabs to my rib cage are not so cute), and the last few days alone with the hubs. However, I think the painfulness is beginning to win out. Sleep is pretty non existent these days. For example, I woke up at 3:30 AM last night when little miss had a severe case of the hiccups and couldn't go back to sleep. Luckily, I teach early morning classes, so I had to be up at 5:45 AM anyways. The hips and lower abdomen ache pretty much 24/7, and my bouts with round ligament pain feel like ice picks to my hip flexors. Pretty picture huh?

Enough ranting already Lauren! Anyways, my point was that with all of that going on, the following video could not have come along at the better time. It is a fabulous and hilarious description of all of the "joys" of pregnancy. It's also a nice reminder that I'm not alone in this. Millions of women have had babies over the years so I'm going to do my best to suck it up for just a little while longer. She's so worth it!

Be prepared to laugh.......hard!





Pretty good right? I'm off to run a few errands. I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your day!

Have you entered my For Two Fitness Tank Top Giveaway yet? If not, you've still got time!

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
1 Comment »

One Response to “Recent Eats + Bump Parties + One Good Laugh!”

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.