TRX & Med Ball Beach Ready Workout

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Howdy Friends,

I hope you are having a fabulous Tuesday. Mine has been pretty good so far. It started bright and early with a 7 AM Pilates class at the studio. After I got my blood flowing, I did a little work at the studio and then headed to the chiropractor for an adjustment. Going regularly helps keep my hips somewhat in alignment which slightly eases my lower back pain. I'll take any little bit of help I can get.

I'm sticking with liquids before noon until this weird nausea thing goes away. This morning, I tried out a new tropical inspired smoothie!



Strawberry, Papaya, and Mango Green Smoothie

Ingredients:

  • 2 large handfuls of spinach
  • 1 cup mixed frozen fruit (strawberries, papaya, and mango)
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1/2 cup water
  • handful of ice
  • 2 packets of stevia (optional)
Blend and enjoy! It was refreshing and reminded me of something I would drink while lying on the beach! I will definitely be making it again soon.

Yesterday morning, I whipped out the TRX and medicine ball for a quick strength workout. I am really trying to hold on to as much muscle mass as possible during my last few weeks of pregnancy so I hope to squeeze in a few more strength workouts each week. It's so sad watching your muscle dissapear week after week even while working out. :(



This workout took me about 30 minutes with minimal rest inbetween rounds. It's perfect to do on its own when you are short on time or before or after a cardio session. For my fellow soon to be mommies, feel free to do the plank with your knees on the floor instead of in the TRX handles if it puts too much pressure on your lower back. Let me know if you give it a try!

How did you get your sweat on yesterday?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.