Sneaky ways to get in 10,000 steps a day!

Friday, February 28, 2014

Happy Friday!



source

Wooohooo it's Friday! I hope you had a wonderful week and are ready to rock the weekend.

Today, when I got home from teaching my second class, I checked to see how many steps I had so far on my Fuel Band. I was at roughly 6,000, so I still needed at least 4,000 more to reach my 10,000 steps a day goal. That got me thinking about my favorite ways to sneak in extra steps throughout the day. I love my FuelBand, but it doesn't do a great job equating Pilates and Barre to steps. Oh well, that just gives me an opportunity to get even MORE steps in somewhere else throughout the day.


source

Sneaky ways to fit in extra steps:
  1. Walk laps around your house while talking on the phone with friends. I did this the other day and got in over 3,000 steps (it was a long chat)!
  2. Catch up on your leisure reading while walking on the treadmill. I love fitness magazines, so I try to read them while walking on the treadmill to do double duty.
  3. Every time a commercial comes on take a lap around your house. Try to make the biggest loop around the inside of your house as possible.
  4. Use the restroom that is furthest away from you rather you are at home or at work. If you're like me, and have to go every 30 minutes, this one can really add up quickly!
  5. Take a preview lap around the store before you begin your shopping. This is my favorite thing to do when I'm at Target. I do a lap around the whole store and then dive into my list. :)
  6. Walk to the end of your street and back when you go to the mailbox instead of heading straight there and then back inside.
  7. Park further away when running errands.
  8. Take your shopping cart all the way back inside the grocery store instead of the cart return chutes.
  9. Walk your dog up and down the block one time instead of just taking them out in the front yard.
  10. Set your timer while your working on the computer and get up every 10-15 minutes for a quick walking break. If you work in an office, go up and down the stairs one time or take a lap around the office. If you are at home, do a loop around your house or walk to the end of the block and back if it's nice outside.


Those are just some of the strategies I use on a daily basis to fit in extra steps outside of traditional cardio! I hope they help you reach your 10,000+ steps a day goal!

What are your go to strategies for fitting in 10,000 steps a day?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.