Friday Favorites!

Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Friday Friends!

Whoop for Friday and Valentines day! What a great combination. E and I are keeping our Valentines pretty low key since we are headed home tomorrow for my cousin's wedding shower. It should be fun to get to see lots of friends and family. We are going to go to dinner and then make homemade chocolate covered strawberries.

There are lots of things to love about life right now, but the amazing weather we are having today is pretty close to the top of the list! It got all the way up to 85 degrees this afternoon and I even caught some rays in the back yard for about an hour.


I am also loving the new recipes I tried this week. I already shared the Chicken Vegetable Chili I made earlier in the week. It turned out even better than expected. On Wednesday night, I tried my hand at lettuce wraps based on this recipe. They were yummy and a nice way to change things up. Definitely not the prettiest picture, but you get the idea.


As someone who is constantly hungry, healthy snacks are an essential part of my day. That's why I am a huge fan of Chobani's new 100 calorie Greek yogurts. Even though they are lower in the calorie and sugar departments, they still boast 12 grams of protein!



Next up, I'm loving watching the Olympics and especially the crazy sports like luge and skeleton. The skeleton helmets are my favorite. Those chicas are BRAVE!


And last, but most importantly, I am LOVING getting to feel baby girl George move! I've been waiting since 16 weeks to feel "something," and finally the other night while lying in bed, there she was. It felt like she did a back flip in my belly. I can only feel her if I'm paying attention, but she's definitely moving around! It has to be one of the most surreal things I've ever experienced! Love it!

I hope you all have an amazing Friday and great Valentines Day!

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
5 Comments »

5 Responses to “Friday Favorites!”

  1. Hi Lauren -- congrats on your new little one! Praying for you to have a safe and healthy pregnancy and baby! Have a great weekend! #SITSBlogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have to say that I really miss those flips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super envious of the warm weather you're having! Congratulations on your little one- you won't believe some of the acrobatic moves they do in there <3 #SITSBlogging

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think feeling the baby move is the best part of being pregnant. Little girls are more active than boys (or so they say. I had 2 girls & they both moved nonstop.) #SITSBlogging

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish it was warm here where I live, too. I am just so tired of this muddy weather :S, but oh well we will have to wait for summer at least 3 months more.
    Those skeleton helmets look so cool. Love the one with an eagle.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.