Chocolate Green Smoothie and NTC Arm Definer Workout

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Happy Hump Day!

Happy Happy Hump Day my friends! I hope you are having a great Wednesday. Just a little friendly reminder to stay positive during the mid-week slump!


Yesterday, was a busy day full of three great Pilates classes, lots of office work, and an awesome phone call to catch up with an old friend who now lives in Chicago. She is getting certified to teach group exercise soon, and I couldn't be more proud of her. The world needs more instructors like her!

I am still teaching all of my classes, but I am definitely noticing them getting harder and harder with each passing week. I feel pretty good while doing them, but I am definitely more sore afterwards. We're hanging in there though! Shiny new weights at the studio always help to spice things up!



Since the weather has been a little warmer this past week, I have been enjoying a green smoothie almost every day. My current favorite combination is super delicious but really simple. Meet my Chocolate Almond Butter Green Smoothie.


Ingredients:
2 large handfuls of spinach
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 scoop low sugar chocolate protein powder
1 tbsp almond butter
1/2 a frozen banana
5-7 ice cubes

Blend and enjoy! Today, unfortunately is cold and rainy so no smoothie for me, but it should be warm enough again by Friday. :)

I am teaching two Barre classes today, so my legs will get plenty of work in. I thought I would even things out this morning by fitting in a quick upper body workout. Jane, over at The Squeaky Sneakers, did a post yesterday on the Nike Training Club app so I decided to give it a try. This was my first time using the Nike Training Club app, and I really liked it. I chose the "Get Focused" 15 minute Arm Definer workout. It was short, but my arms were shaking like leaves by the end. That's my kind of workout. I swapped the single leg arm curls for TRX bicep curls and the plank row for TRX squat and rows because I didn't have heavy enough dumbbells.




It was a fun way to switch things up and even out all the lower body work I'll be doing today. I'm about to head back up the studio for another Barre class. I hope you all have a great rest of your hump day!

Have you tried the Nike Training Club app?

What is your favorite health and fitness app?

In health,


share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.