We've got a "little" news!

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all having a nice week so far! I told you a few days ago there was a good explanation for the recent blog hiatus I took. Can you guess what it is??

Based on how easily all of my friends and family guessed it, I'm sure most of you just said in your head, "you're pregnant!" We are extremely excited to welcome our new little one in July! We actually found out we were pregnant at the end of October, but decided not to make it public until around Christmas. I really wanted to get through the first trimester before announcing it.

I chose to take a break from blogging early on in my pregnancy because I was pretty sick everyday. During all of my down time, all I wanted to do was nap and sip diet sprite. It also would have gotten pretty boring on the workout end since I mostly went on power walks and did some strength training on days I wasn't as nauseous. I still managed to teach all of my classes, but there were a couple of touch and go moments. Luckily, my wonderful friend, Whitney, had most of my routines memorized and was willing and ready to step in if I need to make a mad dash to the ladies room. Now that we have made it to week 16, things are starting to look up. I am nauseous for a lot less time during the day, and can eat a larger variety of food. I am still struggling with daily headaches, but all in all, things are WAY better! It's all totally worth it for a healthy happy baby!

Since my husband and I are die hard Aggies, we of course had to do an Aggie themed announcement. If you are not familiar with the Aggie tradition of the 12th Man, it is what we call our fans. We are the 12th man because we all stand ready and willing to join our team at any time. It seemed only appropriate that we announce our newest 12th Man while standing in front of the oldest and original 12th Man!


E came up with the idea all by himself and was super excited! We actually decide to wait to tell anyone until after we found out the sex of the baby! Last Friday, we had a gender scan and found out we are expecting a little girl! We couldn't be more excited.

Our wonderful sister-in-law, Meredith, was kind enough to take our announcement pictures for us in the cold over Christmas break! Here are some of my favorites.






We had so much fun taking these pictures and couldn't wait to share them with our friends and family. I still can't believe there is a little angel growing inside of me as I type. It really is such a blessing and so surreal.

I promise this will not turn into an all about baby blog, but I do plan on sharing ways to stay healthy and fit while pregnant. I will try to always give pregnancy friendly modifications to all of my normal workouts so everyone can enjoy! Just because I'm pregnant, doesn't mean I can't still enjoy a good sweat sessesion.

I will be back with a bump update later this week. :)

In health,


share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
2 Comments »

2 Responses to “We've got a "little" news! ”

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.