Resist cold weather hibernation with healthy energizing eats!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Howdy!

How is your Tuesday treating you so far? Mine was pretty busy. I spent quite a bit of time at the studio doing office work, taught 3 Pilates classes, and spent 45 minutes on the treadmill for some light cardio. All in all, it was a good day.

I don't know about you guys, but when the temperatures, drop all I want to do is hide under the covers and eat brownies. To resist the urge to hibernate, it really helps me to eat extra healthy energizing meals. I have been really trying to up my green intake lately and it has been going pretty well.

Sunday night, my loving hubby grilled me some delicious grilled salmon. I whipped up an easy coating of 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp spicy mustard, 1 tsp olive oil, and 1 tsp rosemary. Paired with fresh green beans, it was just perfect. Plus, I had an extra piece of salmon left over for lunch.



For lunch this week, I've been rocking some HUGE power salads with steak or chicken, carrots, pumpkin seeds, avocado, and nutritional yeast.





Green smoothies have also made a reappearance in my regular food routine. A good dose of antioxidant filled fruits, healthy fats from avocado, and greens from spinach do the body good!




Lastly, I have been snacking on some delicious in season citrus fruits. I don't even want to admin how many halo oranges I have eaten in the last few days. They're just so dang good. Grapefruit is always my favorite, so I grabbed a big bag of those guys at the store on Sunday as well.




It's amazing how great you feel when you fuel your body with nutritious whole foods! How is the weather in your area?  Don't let it get in the way of your healthy goals for 2014. You can do it!!

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.