Playlist Love

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Howdy Friends,

Happy Tuesday! I haven't blogged in a while for a few reasons. One, because we've been crazy busy traveling for football, and two because other than that things have been pretty ordinary. Ordinary may sound negative, but it's not necessarily always a bad thing. We are loving Austin, our new jobs, football, and spending time with family and friends! Things might not always be blog worthy, but that doesn't make them any less fabulous! One of my friends posted this picture on facebook the other day and what a great reminder it is!



One thing that is out of the ordinary here in Texas, is the cooler temps we have been having lately. While North Dakota is getting slammed with 28 inches of snow, we are doing the happy dance down here in Austin about seeing 60 degrees on the thermometer in the morning. When the temperatures drop below 70 degrees, my love for oatmeal increases exponentially (if that is even possible). On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I work at the studio from 6:30am-11:30am so I eat breakfast there. No microwave, no problem....... coffee mug oatmeal to the rescue. Simply, place all of your favorite oatmeal ingredients in a coffee mug, top with hot water, and allow to sit for 10 minutes to cook. Voila, oatmeal on the go! This mug contained 1/3 cup GF rolled oats, 2 tbsp PB2 powder, 2 packets of stevia, lots of cinnamon, and a handful of blueberries.



In between football games, I keep myself busy teaching Pilates and Barre classes! I taught 3 Pilates Mat classes this morning and I have 1 barre class this afternoon. My legs are going to be talking to me tomorrow!



I have always loved teaching Pilates, but my favorite thing about teaching at my current studio, ToddPilates, is we teach to upbeat music! Making my playlists are half the fun. I can't decide which playlist I like more right now my Pilates Mat class or the one for my Barre class. Check them out below. You can always see my latest playlists on the playlist tab or by following me on Spotify.

Pilates Mat Playlist



Barre Playlist




Any song recommendations I should add to next week's classes? I'm always looking for new suggestions! It's time to make a little lunch before tackling some office work this afternoon.

Good Read: If you are looking for a good healthy read this afternoon, check out this great article about increasing the benefits of walking.

I hope you all have a happy healthy Tuesday!

In health,

Lauren

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.