"I've seen 'em win, I've seen 'em lose, but I've never seen 'em quit!" - R.C. Slocum

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Howdy friends,

Last week was one of the most stressful, sad, heart wrenching, yet fun weekends I've had in a long long time. Last weekend, was the game of the century. Texas A&M played the dynasty that is the Alabama Crimson Tide. Last year we beat Bama in Tuscaloosa and both teams have been waiting 12 months for this re-match. Unfortunately, it didn't quite go our way, but it was an amazing game and an amazing weekend none the less.

E and I headed down to College Station on Friday evening to meet up with some friends before yell practice. My boss from Florida State, his girlfriend, and two of his wonderful friends (all Bama friends) came in for the game. We met them at North Gate to catch up. It was soooooo nice to get to see them.



After a few drinks, it was time to head over to Midnight Yell. Midnight Yell is an Aggie tradition that happens before EVERY football game no matter if it is a home or away game. Aggies gather together to practice our yells and show support for our team. This Yell Practice was like no other. Over 50,000 Aggies and Alabama fans alike filed into the stadium at midnight to cheer on our boys!



Nope, that's not a night game, it's midnight yell. One of E's friends was kind enough to get us field passes so we got to enjoy the festivities from up close!




We had an absolute blast. After Midnight Yell, we headed back to North Gate to enjoy another beverage with John and Arlene. We stayed up way past my bedtime but it was worth it!! It was an early day on Saturday since a 2:30pm game means early morning tailgating.

I was so excited about the game, I totally forgot to take any pictures. I'm terrible! We headed up to tailgate with our Bama friends at about 10:30am and the campus was buzzing! I have never seen so many people tailgating in my life. It was crazy and CRAZY HOT. There were points where you literally felt like you were suffocating it was so hot, but it was totally worth it. The game itself was extremely exciting! Although we didn't win, the Aggies and our QB Johnny Manziel never gave up. I can honestly say I have never been more proud to be an Aggie than after that game.


source

"From the outside looking in, you can't understand. From the inside looking out you can't explain it."

Thanks and Gig'em,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.