30 minutes to a sweaty happy you!

Monday, July 15, 2013

Hi Friends,

How was your weekend? Mine was pretty wonderful I must admit. We had the pleasure of going to Kansas City to for one of E's cousin's wedding. One thing that I love about E's family (among many), is that EVERYONE comes in for weddings. He has family in Virginia, Vegas, Colorado, Dubai, Virginia, Arizona, Texas, etc... and everyone comes! It's amazing! They are like mini family reunions. We always have an amazing time when we are all together and love catching up with each other. We have successfully had a wedding every summer for the last 4 summers so it's been great! Sadly, I think this might be the last one for a while.

E's cousin, Lindsey-Leigh, was the bride, and what a beautiful bride she was. The groom, Nick Garrett, is a party and a half so we knew it would be a fun wedding. We took most of the pictures on my mother-in-laws camera, but I wanted to share the ones I have. I'll do a full recap later. The wedding turned out to be gorgeous. Here is the happy couple cutting their cake.


After cake, it was time for a little dancing. These two are some of the funniest and most outgoing people I know, so I was definitely expecting a crazy first dance. When they came out onto the dance floor for a normal first dance, I was a little surprised (but just wait).


However, Lindsey-Leigh and her dad did do quite a fun father daughter dance! John-Boy was such a trooper. :)



We thought the dancing was over, and then this happened. Oh yes, Justin Bieber happened on the dance floor! Here is the Nick and Lindsey we all know and love. Nick had an etire dance choreographed with his ushers to Justin Bieber's "Baby" song.




This was more what I was expecting from Nick. He had the entire room rolling on the ground laughing. It was fantastic!

Although we were crazy busy on Saturday setting up for the wedding, I did manage to squeeze in a quick workout on Saturday morning. I was running short on time, so I went for quality over quantity!

Kansas City Butt Kicker
12 burpee dumbell rows with an overhead press at the top
12 kettlebell clean and presses (25lb KB)
12 overhead kettlebell swings (25lb KB)
12 pushups
Rest for 30 seconds to 1 minute
**Repeat 4x's**
 

I knew the workout was a success, because I could already feel my legs getting sore by the end of the day on Saturday.

We flew home on Sunday and got home just in time to finish laundry, go to the grocery store, and get ready for the busy week ahead. After the butt kicking I gave myself on Saturday, I was itching for another HIIT workout this morning.

Monday Morning Kick Start
250 meter row
12 Sandbag burpees
24 Kettlebell Figure 8's
12 Kettlebell swings
10 Assisted pull-ups
Rest for 20 sec - 1 minute
**Repeat 4x's**

Both of these workouts took about 30 minutes and left me breathless and drenched in sweat. You don't have to log a long workout to see results. Working hard for a shorter amount of time can give you just as great results (if not better) then lugging through a 1.5 hour steady state workout.

Next time you are pressed for time, give one of these workouts a try!

I'm off to teach my last Pilates class. I hope you have a fabulous Monday!

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.