Give Me Strength Da****!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Howdy Friends,

How are you today? It's hump day which means back porch time for me. I've set up shop with the computer, my new book, and my guard dog in the back yard. It's simply gorgeous outside, and just the right temperature not to fry. I know blistering hot Texas days are just right around the corner, so I am trying to soak it up while I can!




I'm also enjoying a new beverage I have heard so many people rave about - La Croix sparkling water. It has zero sugar, sodium or calories which are all wins in my book. I don't usually love sparkling water, but the hint of fruity flavor in these make them delicious. They are perfect for squashing a diet coke craving! This is the Cran-Rasberry flavor, but I am excited to try the other flavors as well.



Another new find that I am loving lately is So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt. I love the strawberry flavor! It is thick and creamy like Greek yogurt. Plus, it is dairy and gluten free and full of healthy fats from the coconut milk. If you need to avoid gluten, dairy, or both, I would definitely recommend giving this yogurt a try!


Last night's dinner was a quick one dish meal consisting of chicken sausage, green beans, new potatoes for E + sweet potatoes for me, and a pinch of Cajun seasoning. Simply throw all the ingredients together with a little coconut oil and bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes. Easy as pie! This is one of E's favorites so we have it about every other week.


I think all veggies are better when cooked in coconut oil! Today's lunch consisted of scrambled eggs with a side of roasted butternut squash tossed in coconut oil, salt, and pepper. I could eat butternut squash cooked like this every day! Toss all the ingredients together and roast at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. I love to use the leftovers as salad toppers. They add just the right touch of sweetness to your salad.


Let's end on a funny note shall we? You guys all know that I teach a lot of barre classes, and that I am slightly obsessed with them. Barre is by far one of my all time favorite formats to take and teach. However, if you've ever taken a barre class, you know they can be a real butt kicker and leave you begging for mercy 5 minutes into class (partly why I love them). Anyways, I saw this cartoon on facebook today and thought it was extremely fitting!



Love it!! I'm off to teach my last Pilates class of the day! I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your Wednesday!

Have you ever taken a barre class? If so, can you relate to the cartoon?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.