Happy Thursday. I really can't believe it is Thursday already. Today started out bright and early with a 5:30am client followed by a 7:15am Pilates class. They were both great! After class, I ran home really fast to grab some breakfast. Scrambled eggs and a grapefruit did the trick. Oh yeah, and definitely a cup of coffee!
After downing my breakfast, I headed up to the cycle studio to work the front desk while the owner is out of town. I packed a green smoothie to drink before boot camp. E loves his spaghetti, so we have tons of old spaghetti jars lying around. I try to put them to good use as much as I can! This was an almond butter, banana, spinach, and coconut milk green goddess. MMMM MMMM Good!
Here's the line-up:
1. TRX Hamstring Curls - Place heels in TRX Straps. Lift hips off the grown and curl heels towards glutes. Extend back out keeping hips lifted.
2. Box Jumps - Jump up on box landing with soft knees. Make sure your whole foot lands on the box.
3. Stability ball crunches with feet on the wall - Place stability ball in the small of your back and walk feet up the wall. Bring elbow across towards opposite knee stabilizing through the core. Repeat to other side.
4. Plie squats with upright row using a kettlebell - Start with feet in plie squat position with toes turned out. Lower kettlebell down to the floor keeping back straight and chest lifted. Straighten legs and lift kettbell up to chest height with elbows higher than the kettlebell.
5. Medicine ball sit ups - Pretty basic- Do sit-ups but hold a medicine ball at chest height. Be sure not to create momentum with the medicine ball.
6. Box squats holding a kettlebell at your chest - Hold kettlebell at chest height in front of a bench or a box. Lower down until your glutes hit the box. Be sure to keep your weight in your heels and your knees behind your toes. Lift back up pressing through your heels.
Complete the circuit three times. The first time through do each exercise for 1 minute, the second round go for 45 seconds, and the third round for 30 seconds. This should take between 30 and 45 minutes depending on how much rest time you take between exercises. Be sure to start with a 5-10 minute warm-up jog, bike, or brisk walk and spend a good 5 minutes stretching at the end. Have fun!
I'm going to sneak in a quick nap before I have to head out to teach spin.
I hope you all have a great day!
share this on »