Get Ready to Sweat! My best bootcamp workout yet!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Howdy Friends,

It's Tuesday which means it's boot camp day! Every Tuesday my class focuses on upper body and we hit the lower body on Thursday. I usually set up class as a circuit with stations that the participants move through for a certain amount of time (usually 45 seconds to a minute). However, today I was feeling like mixing things up. I was brainstorming different workout formats when I looked down at my phone and saw the date - 4/23. Hmmmm...Why not do a workout all about today? After all, we should all live in the present right?


To complete this workout, you do 23 reps of each exercise and repeat the entire circuit 4 times. I'm warning you, it's a doozy. My class did it at lunch time, and I was running around like a mad women with a towel wiping sweat of BOSUs as fast as I possibly could. If you move throughout the circuit at a pretty quick pace, it should take you right around an hour maybe a little bit less. I promise you will feel extremely accomplished once you are done! :) Go get'em!

As soon as I got home from class, it was lunch time. I went with a huge salad and a side of all natural chicken sausage to stick to my April Clean Eating Challenge. How is your month of clean eating going? This is technically a recycled picture, but today's looked exactly like it minus the avocado.


For dessert, I had a huge bowl of watermelon. If you know me at all, you know that my favorite food in the entire world is watermelon. It just makes me smile!


Source

When I was little my dad would buy me and my best friend Kelley a watermelon in the summer, cut it in half, and set us up on the back porch with spoons to devour the whole thing. Let me tell you, two little 10 year old girls could put some watermelon away!

Kelley and I getting down at E and I's wedding!
Since summer is just around the corner, watermelon has been popping up more and more at the grocery store, and this Sunday I couldn't resist. I've probably eaten over half of it already and it's only Tuesday. :)

I'm going to take my full watermelon belly for a walk with Champ! I hope you all have a great day!

What is your favorite summer time fruit?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
1 Comment »

One Response to “Get Ready to Sweat! My best bootcamp workout yet!”

  1. Love this post! That salad looks amazing :)

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.