Chewy Almond Coconut Cookies + Strawberry Avocado Green Smoothie

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Howdy,

Yet another tragic event happened yesterday in West, Texas. I've driven through West more times than I can count and often stopped for their amazing kolaches. It is such a wonderful and friendly community, and my heart breaks for them! It's so hard to believe that something so horrible can happen just up the highway from you. Both the incidents in West and Boston remind you how precious each and every day are.

source

On a happier note, I told you guys yesterday about the cookie experiment I was working on. It turned out even better than I had hoped! I have cooked with coconut flour quite a bit, but it is definitely one of the harder flours to work with. Both coconut flour and almond flour absorb a lot of moisture, so they can be difficult to work with. However, I love the flavor they give baked goods so I keep trying to work with them. I would definitely say I had a success yesterday!

These cookies have a subtle coconut flavor with a creamy almond hint! The best part is they are extremely moist and chewy! SUCCESS! They are completely gluten-free and paleo friendly as well. Score number 2!



Even better yet, they are extremely easy to make, and minus the coconut and almond flour, most of the ingredients you probably already have on hand. :)



Chewy Coconut Almond Cookies

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert gluten-free Paleo

Ingredients (20 cookies)
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1/4 cup almond flour
  • 1/3 cup almond butter
  • 2 bananas
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp banking powder
  • 5 packets of stevia
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mash bananas in a large bowl and stir in remainder of the wet ingredients.
Fold in all of the dry ingredients until well mixed.
Spoon cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 19-23 minutes or until firm.
Powered by Recipage


If you give them a try let me know! I love getting feedback on recipes.

This morning started out on the right foot with a great Pilates Mat class. I feel so blessed to have such amazing students. It makes my heart happy every time I teach a class. :) After class, I came home for some breakfast and took care of a few chores. Before I headed out to teach bootcamp, I whipped up a new smoothie. I was out of almond butter, so my go too banana almond butter green smoothie was a no go. The new experiment was a definite success. I give you my Strawberry Avocado Green Smoothie!


Strawberry Avocado Green Smoothie

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 0


Ingredients (1 large smoothie)
  • 6 frozen strawberries
  • 1/4 a large avocado
  • 1/2 a frozen banana
  • 1 large handful of romaine lettuce
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 packet of stevia
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • ice to thicken
Instructions
Place all of the ingredients in the blender and pulse until smooth.
I find it's helpful if you put softer ingredients towards the bottom. It seems to help get things moving.
Powered by Recipage


I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your day. Remember to make it a great one because tomorrow is never guaranteed.

Praying for West and Boston,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
1 Comment »

One Response to “Chewy Almond Coconut Cookies + Strawberry Avocado Green Smoothie”

  1. Must try these recipes. I can't cook/bake but always trying!
    Emma @ a mom runs this town . com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.