Spotlight on Todd Pilates

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

It's Tuesday, and I'm not excited about it!

Howdy friends,

Although Champ is apparently not excited about Tuesday, I am! Things are starting to warm up here in Austin, and I am having to hold myself back from bringing out the tank tops and flip flops! The high is 82 on Friday, and I'm pretty excited about it.

Today's Spotlight is on an awesome studio I have discovered in South Austin called ToddPilates. This studio literally has everything: amazing mat classes, barre classes, Zumba, boot camp, cross-training, and yoga!



So far, I have taken their PilatesMat and PilatesBarre classes, and they were both fantastic. He uses a variety of props to spice up every workout and challenge your body from head to toe in ways you didn't even know were possible!




The thing that I like most about these classes are that they are taught on beat. As a group fitness instructor, it drives me absolutely crazy to be off beat. They use fun upbeat music to keep the class rocking along all together. It seriously feels like a Pilates party every class. You walk out with your booty burning, a big smile on your face, and a fun song stuck in your head. The studio is gorgeous as well. It is extremely clean and well maintained and gives off a very hip vibe. I'm learning that this is just a fact about Austin in general, but hey, I love it. If you live in Austin, you have to give it a try. You're first class is free, so why not?

Now that we have covered fitness, let's talk about food. E wanted meatball sandwiches the other day (which is not very gluten-free friendly), so I decided to stick with an Italian theme and make Zucchini pizzas instead!



They are super easy to throw together, nutritious, and delicious. I simply brush olive oil and garlic on the sliced zucchini, and bake for 20 minutes at 350. Then I added sliced Roma tomatoes, part skim mozzarella and baked for an additional 10 minutes. Lastly, I drizzled with some all natural marinara sauce to top it off. Voila, dinner!

Alrighty friends, I'm off to take a cycle class! Have a great Tuesday!

What are your workout plans for the day?

In health,


share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
2 Comments »

2 Responses to “Spotlight on Todd Pilates”

  1. So was the zucchini pizza just for you, or did you convince E that it was an acceptable substitution for his meatball sandwiches? Loving your blog by the way!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jrnn! Hahaha definitely just me!! That would be way to healthy for E!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.