Green Eats - Chocolate Vs. Fruity

Friday, March 8, 2013

Happy Friday!

source

How is everyone doing today? Fabulous I hope! Have you got your sweat on yet today? I started the day off with a barre class followed by a kick but class at PureRyde Cycling. They were both amazing, and I am officially pooped now!


I've been seriously craving green drinks lately! I'm not going to lie, I love green drinks, but I don't want them to taste too "green." I prefer mine to be a little bit sweet. First up, is a chocolate coconut concoction that cures my sweet tooth and keeps me satisfied for hours!



Chocolate Coconut Green Smoothie

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 5
Keywords: blender breakfast snack gluten-free

Ingredients (1 smoothie)
  • 2 large handfuls of spinach
  • 1 cup of milk of choice (I like almond milk)
  • 1 tbs melted coconut oil
  • 1/2 a frozen banana
  • 1 scoop of your favorite low sugar chocolate protein powder
  • 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
  • 1 packet of stevia
  • 1 large handful of ice
Instructions
Blend and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage

Next up, is a delicious fruity green drink that's lower on the calorie side but still packed with protein thanks to the Greek yogurt.

Berry Banana Green Smoothie

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: blender beverage breakfast snack gluten-free

Ingredients (1 smoothie)
  • 2 handfuls of Spinach
  • 1 cup milk of choice
  • 1 carton Yoplait Berry 100 calorie Greek yogurt (you could sub for a different yogurt brand if you'd like)
  • 1/2 a frozen banana
  • 1 packet of stevia
  • 1 handful of ice
Instructions
Blend and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage


Green smoothies leave me refreshed and full of energy. They are also perfect when you're in a hurry or need something easy to take with you on the run. I made one this morning left it in the freezer for an hour and then took it with me for after class. It was the perfect smack in between barre and cycling!

What's your favorite green smoothie recipe?

Do you have a go to one or do you like variety?

Have an amazing weekend!

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.