When the cat is away the mouse will....... EAT HEALTHY!

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Howdy Friends,

How was your weekend? Wonderful I hope! Mine was full of fun and new friends. I took two of my students to the Region IV NIRSA conference in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. We had a great time meeting new friends and learning from other campus recreation professionals. Although I was in Louisiana surrounded by not so healthy Cajun food, I did manage to sneak in a workout every morning and Luna Protein Bars helped keep the fried food away. Best of all, I got to spend the whole weekend with these two winners!


The hubby left for Texas last Wednesday, which means I'm cooking for just little "ol me this week. I love E to pieces, but he doesn't have the healthiest of food habits. It's definitely nice to get to try some new things without worrying about him turning up his nose.

New creation number one was a delicious strawberry banana coconut smoothie!


This was absolutely delicious and full of protein, antioxidants, omega 3's and healthy fats! It had a slight tropical flavor that was amazing!

Ingredients:
1 large handful of spinach
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 a frozen banana
1 container Yoplait Strawberry Greek Yogurt
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder of choice
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tbsp flax seeds
1 handful ice cubes

Blend together and enjoy!

After a nice Sunday morning run and some errands, it was time for lunch. I am still loving my brown rice tortillas so I decided to have an egg burrito. I sauteed up some tomatos and spinach with a little minced garlic and then mixed those in with 1 egg and 3 egg whites. Add some of your favorite salsa, wrap it up in a brown rice tortilla, serve it with a side of grapefruit and you have one delicious lunch.


The afternoon was spent busy with laundry and catching up on work and emails. Dinner was literally here before I knew it and my stomach started yelling at me. E is not the biggest fish fan, so I am planning on eating fish every day until I move to Austin. Ok, maybe not every day, but a lot! On tonight's menu was roasted carrots and zucchini with baked tilapia and a side salad. The carrots stole the show! They were amazing. All I did was chop them up, brush with a little olive oil, sprinkle with a little bit of salt, pepper, and red pepper. I baked them in the oven at 425 for 25 minutes. I'm so having them tomorrow!

It was one of the best dinners I've had at home in a long time! Mmmm Mmm good!


I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

What did you do this weekend?

In healthy,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
2 Comments »

2 Responses to “When the cat is away the mouse will....... EAT HEALTHY!”

  1. I'm so glad you're in Campus Rec! I'm in MI and we went to Chicago for the Region 3 student lead-on conference this past weekend-so much fun networking and meeting new people :). Are you going to Las Vegas for NIRSA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love working in Campus Rec! It's such a blessing. How was region 3? Unfortunately, I'm not going to Las Vegas this year. What do you do in Campus Rec?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.