To Die For Dark Chocolate GF Brownie Bites - Health Meets Happiness

Monday, October 22, 2012

Hello Friends,

How was your Monday? Did you get your sweat on? My first sweat session of the day took place in this beautiful place!

source
Yep, this girl ran the heck out of some stadiums in the beautiful fall weather! Can you believe they will just let you in there to have at the bleachers? I couldn't when I first got here. I absolutely love running bleachers. I know, that's kind of sick, but I love how challenging they are! What about you? Do you incorporate bleachers into your workouts? Next up on the agenda was a strength training class, followed by kickboxing, and then Booty Barre! My booty is going to be good and sore tomorrow! :)

I refueled with my new favorite chocolaty treat. Ok, not really. I really had a taco salad with black beans and gallons of salsa for dinner, but I did enjoy one of these guys for dessert!


I have been craving chocolate lately and brownies are my all time favorite chocolaty treat, so I decided to create my own GF chocolate brownie. It turned out better than I could have ever hoped. The dark chocolate made them extra rich, the pumpkin and apple sauce kept them extremely moist, and the Greek yogurt and egg whites pumped up the protein. Here is the line up of ingredients.


That's a pretty All Star lineup if you ask me. The first step is to mix your oats and coconut flour in a food processor.


Next, pour the the dry mixture in a large bowl and add remaining ingredients. It should form a thick brownie like batter.


Line your mini muffin tin with paper liners and scoop 1 tbsp of batter into each one. Try not to eat all of the batter before you get it into the muffin tin. I know it's hard! The bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.




I promise you will not be disappointed in these little beauties! It is taking all of my will power not to eat the entire batch in one sitting!

Dark Chocolate GF Brownie Bites

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 10
Keywords: bake dessert gluten-free

Ingredients (36 Brownie Bites)
  • 1 1/4 cup GF oats
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 3 egg whites
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
  • 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
  • 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp cream or tartar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 1/2 cup Splenda/Sugar blend (if you like things very sweet add 2 extra tbsp)
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line mini muffin tin with paper liners.
Pour GF oats and coconut flour in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
Transfer oats and flour into a large bowl and add the remainder of the ingredients.
Mix well.
Transfer one heaping tablespoon of batter into each muffin liner.
Bake for 10 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Powered by Recipage


I hope you enjoy them! Let me know if you try them out!

Do you like runnign bleachers or do you think I'm crazy?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.