Sometimes the smallest things hurt the most!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Happy Monday,

How was your weekend?

Mine was full of football, cooking, doctor visits, advil, and lots of ice! Weird combination huh?

Well the story all started on Friday morning when I got up bright and early at 5:00am to work out. I headed out to the kitchen to get a sip of water before getting ready and WHACK!! My toe had a run in with one of Champ's rubber toys. My pinkie toe got caught on the ring and stopped moving but the rest of my body did not. I looked down and once again (a similar event happened in February) my baby toe was pointing in the wrong direction! I yelled for E, and he came running to my aid (this is pretty impressive since it usually takes a lot to wake him up). It was 5:30am so my option for medical attention was pretty much only the ER (which I'm not a fan of), so E tried to put it back in place for me. Not the most fun thing we've ever done together. He got it about 90% of the way back in (it was pointing almost straight), but couldn't get it to go the rest of the way. We headed to the Doctor at about 8:00am and she tried to get it to go back the rest of the way. After several yanks, it was about 95% back where it should be, and she thought that was as good as it was going to get for now. They buddy taped it and I headed back home.


Who knew one of the smallest parts of your body could hurt so freaking bad! Needless to say, I spent most of Friday evening and Saturday morning on the couch watching football and drinking coffee.


I enjoyed some coconut flour toast with almond butter and banana before limping towards the FSU game. My nice husband dropped me off pretty close to the stadium so it wasn't too terrible. Plus, I had one of those handy crack and shake ice packs to put on once we got to our seats!




We still had a great time, and our Seminoles won! Nothing will stand between our family and football! :) After the game was over, we headed home to watch our Aggies play LaTech on TV. I was definitely ready to prop my foot up at this point. Luckily, Champ is a great nurse! He took very good care of me all night.


Sunday, I did the normal grocery shopping and meal prep for the week. It definitely took me a bit longer than usual to get the groceries done. It really makes you appreciate having two working legs. I know I take for granted how lucky I am to have two strong healthy legs. Sometimes we all need a little reminder about how blessed we are.

Meal prep for the week didn't go exactly as planned. I found a recipe for spinach turkey burgers that looked delicious. They started out looking like this.



Then they ended up looking like this......


I call it turkey burger stir-fry. It may not have turned out looking amazing, but it was still oh-my-gosh-delicious. The recipe included yellow onion, mushrooms, spinach, garlic, parsley, coconut oil, coconut flour, and garlic. I think the extra liquid from the frozen spinach may have been my downfall. I'm going to try it again, and if it works, I'll share the recipe. I'm still going to enjoy it for lunch this week over cauliflower rice. I'll have the recipe for the rice up tomorrow!


I hope y'all had a wonderful weekend and are ready to tackle the week ahead!

What did you do this weekend?

Did you do any meal prep yesterday?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.