Morning Food Routine

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Howdy!

How are you this terrific Thursday? Pretty fabulous I hope!

So today I want to talk about morning routines. I am a routine kind of girl through and through. What about you?

The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning, after visiting the facilities of course, is make myself a glass of hot lemon water in my cute Teavana mug.


There are so many health benefits to starting your day out with lemon water, you are really crazy not to. Plus, it is refreshing and helps wake you up.

Top 5 benefits of lemon water:

1. Helps aid weight loss - Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which can help curb cravings.

2. Boosts your immune system – Lemons are packed with vitamin C, which helps boost your immune system.

3. Helps balance pH of the body – Lemon is an alkaline food and can help reduce your body’s overall acidity (I know that seems counter intuitive since they arefull of citric acid, but trust me).

4. Aids in digestion – Lemon water helps flush out all of those unwanted toxins your body might be holding on to. It also encourages the liver to produce bile which aids with digestion.

5. Improves skin – The vitamin C in lemons can actually help decrease wrinkles and blemishes by removing toxins from the blood. Happy inside = happy outside!

I usually make E and I's lunch while I sip on my lemon water and then hit the shower. Hair makeup and clothes happen while catching up on my Fox News, then it is back to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. The most important meal of the day remember! With the temperatures finally starting to dip here in Tallahassee, I put my blender away in exchange for a warmer breakfast.

My new favorite breakfast is a Pumpkin Coconut Protein Muffin. Long name and an even tastier result! I was inspired by the lovely Jess over at the Blonde Ponytail. If you don't already read Jess' blog, you definitely need to skip on over and check it out. She posts amazing workouts and recipes, plus she is extremely inspiring and a hoot!


Pumpkin Coconut Protein Mug Muffin

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 5
Keywords: microwave breakfast gluten-free

Ingredients (1 Muffin)
  • 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 heaping scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder
  • 1 tbsp coconut flour (or another scoop of protein powder)
  • 1 tsp coconut oil
  • 2 egg whites
  • 2 tbsp almond milk
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 3 packets of stevia
Instructions
Spray microwave safe mug with non-stick cooking spray.
Mix all ingredients together inside mug.
Microwave for 4:30 on 50% power.
Dump out and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage


I hope you all have a wonderful and productive day!

What is your go to breakfast?

Are you a creature of routine?

In health,


share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.