Gluten Free Flour Power

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hi Friends,

It's Thursday! Whooohooo! My Monday-Wednesday are Kah-Ray-Zy so I love Thursday's! How has your week been so far?

My Wednesday started out like most Wednesdays with a little extra fog. The air was cool and full of mist, but Sunrise yoga was still amazing. It seriously felt like we were doing yoga in the clouds the fog was so dense!




Not too shabby a way to start my Wednesday! Since going gluten-free, I have become much more adventurous in the kitchen, but flour substitutions still baffle me. Most of the time, I just go with Bob's Red Mill gluten-free all purpose baking flour anytime I need to cook. However, lately I have been experimenting with coconut flour, and have had a lot of success. Udi's, which is a gluten-free company, posted this chart on their facebook page the other day. It's a great reference for anyone who does a lot of gluten-free cooking!


Another great resource is the lovely Lisa at Thrive Style. She comes up with some AMAZING creations using coconut flour. She came up with coconut flour cookies, and I tweaked them to fit my current pumpkin obsession! I would highly suggest checking her blog out if you are interested in learning how to cook with coconut flour! Here's what the process looked like!

 
 



Pumpkin Coconut Flour Cookies

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 10
Keywords: Stove Top snack dessert gluten-free

Ingredients (6 cookies)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp coconut flour
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
  • 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 packets of stevia
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
Instructions
Slightly melt coconut oil on stove or in the microwave.
Mix all of the remaining ingredients together and then add the oil.
Roll into a ball and then flatten into cookie shape.
Place on skillet and brown on both sides.
Powered by Recipage


I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!

What is your favorite flour alternative?

Best part of your week so far?

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.