Cauliflower rice and gluten-free pasta amazingness

Monday, October 15, 2012

Howdy Friends,

**Group Exercise Instructors, make sure you check out the QiFORZE Training tab above. I have free certifications coming up in the San Marcos/Austin Texas area, Tallahassee, Florida, and Dallas, Texas!

How was your Monday? Mine was pretty eventful. We had a big event at work so things were pretty crazy all day. Even though I couldn't technically work out due to my bum toe, I learned limping definitely burns some calories. According to my fuel band, I still managed to earn 6000+ fuel points and burn 1700 calories throughout the day. I'll take it! That proves that activity throughout the day (i.e. running up and down stairs and across the gym to set up an event) can really add up and help increase your base caloric burn! :)

Yesterday, I told you I made cauliflower rice to eat on throughout the week, and let me tell you I have found my new favorite thing! It is so easy to make, healthy, and versatile. I put it in Mexican casserole last night, under my turkey burger stir-fry today, and ate a few spoonfuls plain on Sunday. It was too good to resist! :)

Cauliflower Rice

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 10
Keywords: saute side entree gluten-free

Ingredients (6 servings)
  • 1 head of cauliflower
  • 1 small yellow onion
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
Cut cauliflower into small florets.
Place pieces into a food processor and pulse until rice size.
Saute onions in coconut oil until translucent.
Add cauliflower, garlic, salt, and pepper, to onion pan. Cover and cook for 5-10 or until soft.
Powered by Recipage

Have you tried cauliflower rice yet? Don't judge it till you try it! :)

Next, I want to introduce you to my favorite gluten-free pasta. It is so good, even E says he prefers it over regular pasta! I know, crazy!!


Heartland gluten-free pasta is absolutely delicious and so easy to make. The two best things about it are you can get it at Wal-Mart or your local grocery store (no fancy health food store needed) and it costs about $2.50!! Can you believe it? Most specialty gluten-free products cost and arm, a leg and your first born child. :) Ok, so maybe I'm being dramatic, but that is one great price. Heartland was featured in our dinner last night.


A little baked ziti with zucchini is a hubby and tummy pleaser! Plus, it is super easy to make and freezes beautifully for lunch later in the week.

What was on your menu last night?

What is your go to week night meal?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.