Getting Crafty and Zucchini Hummus

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Howdy Friends,

Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Ours was really laid back. This was the first weekend in literally a month that we have not had a home football game. Although I love football, it can really eat up your weekend.

On Friday night, we tried out a new pizza place that has gluten free crust. It was delicious! Saturday morning started out with a killer workout! QiFORZe and Piloxing classes back to back left me dripping in sweat and starving! I ran home in time to make kickoff for the Texas A&M football game. E and I spent the entire afternoon watching football and making curtains for our living room. Our ceilings are super tall (which I love), so we could not find curtains to fit. That's how I ended up trying my hand at making homemade curtains. Did I mention we have 4 windows that need curtains. Yep, that is 8 curtain panels made by yours truly. I'll post pictures when I finally get them all done. I've got 6 finished so far!

As many of you may know, I am obsessed with Pinterest. I have hundreds of pins under DIY; however, I am not the craftiest person. So when one of my creations turned out beautifully, I was beyond excited. I had been searching Pinterest for a fall wreath for a couple of weeks and found this one that I really liked.


http://sweetdaisydesigns.blogspot.com/2011/11/wreath-update.html

I wanted to do a fall wreath and use FSU colors so it would match our flag that we have outside of our house. Plus FSU colors go well with Aggie colors so it all works out perfectly! Here is how it turned out!



I was pretty pumped about the results! After I found all of the supplies I needed, it wasn't too hard to make! All I had to do was paint the wreath and letter in the colors of my choice. I attached the letter to the wreath using hot glue and twine, and then hot glued on the flowers. Voila! It took a little while to paint because I had to let one side dry before I could do the other side, but other than that, it was pretty easy! :) Now, we are ready for fall.

Sunday was spent grocery shopping, working on the blog (do you like the new header?), and prepping food for the week. One of my new favorite things to pack in my lunch is homemade zucchini hummus. I like to load up my veggies with hummus which can pile on the calories pretty quickly. By adding zucchini to your hummus recipe you bulk up the volume without adding more calories. Here's what you need.



The recipe is super easy and makes a ton. I ate it every day last week and still have some left in the fridge! :) Check out that dip! That is a lot of hummus on a little carrot. Just the way I like it!

Zucchini Hummus

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 5
Keywords: raw snack side gluten-free chickpeas

Ingredients (A Lot!)
  • 1 large zucchini
  • 1 can rinsed and drained chickpeas
  • 2 tbsp Tahini
  • 1 tbsp olive oil (I used lime infused olive oil)
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 1/2 tsp cumin (more to taste)
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • dash of salt
Instructions
Dice zucchini so it fits easily in the food processor.
Place all ingredients in the food processor and pulse until smooth.
Have carrots ready so you can taste test. Add additional salt or cumin as necessary to fit your taste buds.
Powered by Recipage

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

How was your weekend?

Have you ever made homemade hummus?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.