Overnight Oats Strawberry Green Smoothie

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hello there friends!
How was your Monday? Mine started out with a great 3 mile run. I headed out the door at 5:40am, and barely made it back before it started pouring rain! Lucky me! I also took a great circuit class yesterday  afternoon, and boy are my glutes feeling it this morning.
After grilling up some chicken for dinner, we sat down to enjoy and episode of The Glades and some Olympics. Check out my view!


Pretty cute guys aren't they? Do you love our fancy temporary furniture? The trusty old banana chair that E will never part with. Please couch, come in soon! :)
On Sunday night, I also whipped up a new smoothie recipe. This smoothie is a combination of overnight oats and a green smoothie. You make it the night before you wish to drink it so the oats can soak in the smoothie and soften. Like any other green smoothie, you can't even taste the greens! I drank this yesterday morning, and it was definitely more filling than my normal smoothie!
Overnight Oats Strawberry Green Smoothie

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 5
Keywords: blender breakfast snack gluten-free vegetarian spinach oatmeal
Ingredients (1 smoothie)
  • 1/4 cup old fashion oats
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1 large handful of spinach
  • 1 small banana
  • 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1 packet of stevia
Instructions
Place oats in a blender and pulse until ground.
Add the remaining ingredients and blend until well mixed.
Place in refrigerator overnight. This helps the oats to absorb the moisture and provides a great smooth texture!
Powered by Recipage

Perfect breakfast to go!

Let me know if you try it! I'm off to work, but I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.