Zucchini Rigatoni Bake

Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy Happy Friday!!
How are you today? Fabulous I hope, because it's Friday! I'm super excited because my little sister Emily is coming in today to spend the weekend with me before E and I move to Tallahassee. My sister and I are about as different as two siblings can be. I went to A&M; she went to Texas. I love fruit, and she thinks Skittles are fruit. I wake up at 5am, and she goes to bed at 5am. I get nervous to cut my hair, while her hair has been every color under the sun. We're kind of like these two cute pups!



Emily, Brooke and I at Christmas 2011

Completely different but still so close. Especially over the last 2 years, we have become extremely close, and I am so sad to be moving so far away from her.
I worked in the morning on the 4th of July, and then we headed over to my friend Kelli's for a little swimming and fun in the sun! By the time we got home, E and I were pretty hungry so I wanted to throw something together pretty quickly. I had some good basics on hand.



Two of my favorite ingredients - zucchini and Quinoa pasta! I came across this recipe by Kelley on Pinterest and decided to change it up a bit to fit what I had on hand. It turned out delicious!
Zucchinni Rigatoni

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 20
Keywords: boil bake entree gluten-free Italian
Ingredients (4 Servings)
  • 2 medium zucchinis
  • 2 cups tomato sauce of choice
  • 4 cups cooked rigatoni
  • 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese (plus more for sprinkling)
  • 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese (plus more for sprinkling)
  • 1 tbsp. Italian Seasoning
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x9 casserole dish with non fat cooking spray.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Chop zucchini and lightly sautee with Italian seasoning.
Combine cooked pasta, zucchini, mozzarella, Parmesan, and tomato sauce in a large bowl.
Pour into casserole dish and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Powered by Recipage

I hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

Did you have a Happy 4th of July?

What is your favorite quick and easy meal?

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
1 Comment »

One Response to “Zucchini Rigatoni Bake”

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.