Ready for Takeoff and Baking up a Storm!!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Happy Monday Everyone!!

How was your weekend? Mine was action packed and a ton of fun! My wonderful brother-in-law, Greg, graduated from ENJJPT this weekend, and we went up to Wichita Falls to help celebrate. We got there around noon on Friday, and Greg took us on the tour of the base. E was in Heaven!









It was an awesome day ending with a great graduation ceremony. Greg, we are so so proud of you!! Our friend Tres took great pictures at the actually ceremony so hopefully I will have those for y'all soon!

When we got home from Wichita Falls, we headed out to the Heroes Celebrity Baseball Game put on by Dirk Nowitzki to raise money for the Heroes Foundation. We saw Charles Barkley, Terrell Owens, Dez Bryant, Mike Modano, Break Shea (FC Dallas), Vince Carter, Coach Carlisle (Dallas Mavericks), Delonte West (Dallas Mavericks), and many others.







It was a total blast! On Sunday morning, I slept in a little bit and then busted out this workout! It was the perfect quick workout for a busy Sunday.


After my sweaty workout, it was off to the grocery store to grab everything I need for our meals for the week. Sunday is the perfect day for me to prep for the week, which makes the busy weekdays so much easier! Once I got home from the grocery store, I got straight to work.

I've been loving my Green Smoothies lately, but most of the time I need a little something extra to go with them to hold me through my morning workouts and classes. I decided to try out a breakfast cookie recipe with a few of my own tweaks of course! Recipe to come tomorrow! I think they will be the perfect thing to grab and take with me in the morning.


I also made a delicious Corn, Pea and Avo Quinoa Salad to top all of my lunch salads. It's the perfect way to add protein and extra veggies to your salads.


For Sunday dinner, I decided to try something I've seen floating around the Pinterest boards: Avoegg bake. I baked my Avoegg at 400 degrees for about 18 minutes. It turned out creamy and AHHH-mazing. I topped it with a little sprinkle of cajun seasoning, and I think it really made the dish!



It was a fun filled day in the kitchen. We also went to E's flag football game and did a little laundry of course! :) Overall, I would say it was a pretty fantastic weekend!

How was your weekend?

What is your favorite Pinterest creation that you've tried lately?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.