Guest Post: Get Fit and Fabulous for Fall!

Monday, July 30, 2012

Hey Everyone,

We are on the road to Tallahassee as you read this very post! I know that with a pretty good amount of certainty since it will take us 16 hours to get there! Eeek! The Amazing Amy is here to get you ready for fall fashion, football, food, and cooler weather workouts. Thanks Amy!


Why hello Fun, Fit andFabulous readers! I am so excited to be here today while Mrs. Lauren is movingher entire life halfway across the country! In case y'all didn't know, Laurenand I are not just blog friends. We're IRL {in real life} friends! Yup, truestory. In case y'all were wondering, she really is fun, fit and fabulous. I kidyou not, she's a rockstar! We actually met in college! Now before I startblabbling away, let me tell you a little bit about me!

That’sme!

  • My name is Amy and I blog over in my little corner of blogland at A Glimpse of the Gouglers.
  • I am a Texas girl and I graduated from Texas A&M in 2009.
  • Lauren and I met Spring 2008 when I decided that I wanted to become a fitness instructor! No I am not a kinesiology major, nor did I study anything remotely related. In fact, I have an engineering degree. Now I work in IT sales and teach fitness on the side!
  • I started reading Lauren's blog at least a year before starting my own. When I moved across the country to Pittsburgh, PA, it was originally a way to keep friends and family updated on my life. Now it’s a mix of all the greatest things in life: fitness, food, fashion, love and life! 

Now I know that summer isstill in full force, but I am beyond excited for fall for many reasons.

1.     Race Season!Down south race season doesn’t start until later in the fall due to the crazyheat we have! I’m super excited to start training for my two half marathons andmy first full marathon come call!





2.     Boots and Fall Fashion!



Of course, we won’t getto wear cute outfits like these until atleast November – maybe the end of October if we’re lucky J



3.     Fall Foods!Anything pumpkin flavored steals my heart away and there are so many healthypumpkin recipes out there! I’m also excited about all the other fall squash andveggie recipes!








4.     Football! I love my Texas Aggies and have season tickets this year! Only 31days until our first game of the season! I’m also a diehard Green Bay Packersfan and I have to support the Houston Texans being from Houston and all!




Kyle Field – Home of the12th Man - Source


5.     Working out outdoors! It’s nearly impossible toget a workout in outside these days. I’m confined to the gym, but lookingforward to coming up with some fun new workouts to try outdoors once the tempsdrop back into the 80’s! Stop by the blog on Monday’s for new workouts to try!


So what about y’all?What are you looking forward to about the quickly approaching fall season? Canyou believe it’s nearly August! Thanks for stopping by and getting to know me!Feel free to stop by A Glimpse of the Gouglers, take a look around, prop up your feet and stay a while! Bigthanks to Lauren for letting me take over Fun, Fit and Fabulous today!
Thank you Amy!!

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.