Let's Talk Tunes!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Howdy There!

Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Mine was pretty fantastic! We made a quick trip down to College Station, and then spent most of Sunday out at the flag football fields for E's city league team. It was so great to get to spend a little bit of time with my family! I feel like my siblings are growing up so fast. I remember them looking like this.....



....and now my Bubba (aka Bryan, the red head in the pictures) is WAY taller than me and Blake (the gangsta in the red above) will be taller than me soon. It's crazy! Brooke and I went to get our nails done together yesterday, and the people at the nail salon asked us who was the older sister! I thought, "What, how is that even a question? I have her by like 8 years!!!" They grow up so fast!

Speaking of growing up, there are a lot of changes happening in E and my life right now (more details later), and when I came across this quote I felt like someone upstairs was talking directly to me.
source

We can all use a little reminder from time to time to just sit back and enjoy the ride, wherever it might take us!
I teach a class every Thursday called Dance Cardio Party, and it is one of my favorite classes. It is taught in a similar fashion to Zumba; however, I use whatever music moves me that week. I love having the creative freedom to use any songs and to choreograph the dances the way I like. I seriously look forward to this class every week. I had it on the brain tonight because I was searching around for new songs to add to the playlist for this week. Here is what I have so far:

Say Hey (I Love You) - Michael Franti & Spearhead
Dance Again (feat. Pitbull) - Jennifer Lopez
Crank It Up (feat. Akon)
David Guetta & Akon
Move That Body - Nelly, Akon & T-Pain
Move Shake Drop - DJ Laz, Flor Rida & Casely
Proud Mary (Glee Cast Version) - Glee Cast
Throw Your Hands Up (feat. Rihana) - Elephant Man
Descontrol - Daddy Yankee
Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
Suave (feat. Mohombi & Pitbull) - Nayer

I am absolutely loving J Lo's new song Dance Again! It has a fantastic beat and is a definite crowd pleaser! :)



Does anyone else teach hip hop or zumba classes? I would love any music suggestions your may have!! I love all kinds of muic and especially love throwing in oldies from time to time!

I hope you all have a fabulous day!

How was your weekend?

What song makes you want to dance like there is no tomorrow?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.