Southern Belles and Cookies!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Hump Day Friends!


Someone wanted to pop in and wish you and happy Wednesday! What a ham! :)
I started my Wednesday off right with a southern summer inspired green smoothie. When I think of summer in Texas, I think of sweet juicy peaches and bright red strawberries. Oh yeah, and heat, heat, and more heat, but lets focus on the positive! I happened to have both of these delicious fruits in my freezer this morning, and the Southern Belle Smoothie was born!

Southern Belle Green Smoothie

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 5
Keywords: blender breakfast snack gluten-free vegetarian spinach
Ingredients (1 serving)
  • 1 large handful of spinach
  • 3/4 cup frozen peaches
  • 5 frozen strawberries
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1tbsp. flax seed
  • 1/4 large avocado
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 Silk Unsweetened Soy Milk (or milk of choice)
  • 5 ice cubes
Instructions
Blend and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage

Last night, E had to work late but when he did come home, he came bearing gifts in the form of Lucy's Gluten-Free Cookies!! What a smart man! He brought me Oatmeal and Sugar Cookies to try.


I decided to start with the Oatmeal Cookies, and let me tell you, they were amazing! They are gluten-free, vegan, have zero grams of trans fat, and no peanuts, tree nuts, milk, or eggs. Talk about allergy friendly. Plus, they come in a super cute bag!



Each Lucy's cookie bag contains 4 good chips a'hoy size cookies. They are some of the best gluten-free cookies I have ever had. Although I really wanted to gobble up the sugar cookies last night too, I resisted. I did try them a couple of months ago and they are scrumptious as well!


Have you tried any of Lucy's cookies? I'm headed off to work, but I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

How are you going to get your sweat on today? Two barre classes and cardio are on the agenda for me!

In health,


share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.