What I Ate Wednesday Gets Blended!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Happy What I Ate Wednesday!

How are you today? It's Wednesday, and that means bring on the What I Ate Wednesday!





My eats were definitely very green and full of veggies yesterday! I started out the day with a Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie. This wasn't your average green smoothie. It was full of ingredients that can help balance your blood sugar such as chia seeds, cinnamon, spinach wich is full of fiber, and protein powder. The fruit and veggies also packed in the vitamins and minerals.
Bold and Balanced Strawberry Banana Smoothie

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 5
Keywords: blender snack breakfast gluten-free

Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1 LARGE handful of spinach
  • 1/2 a banana
  • 1 cup strawberries
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds soaked for 10 minutes in 1/2 cup water
  • 1 scoop protein powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup almond coconut milk or milk of choice
Instructions
Blend and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage


Soaking the chia seeds in water before you put them in your smoothie allows them to soak up some of the water and bulk up which helps you feel fuller longer! Always a good thing.

Lunch was my normal salad, piece of fruit and yogurt. I'm so original. Not!




As the temperature steadily climbs, so does my cravings for smoothies. They are just the perfect meal or snack, and you can never get in enough fruits and veggies right? My afternoon Peach Berry Smoothie was the perfect snack to get me through my long afternoon full of teaching. Hello two kickboxing classes, 1 cycle, and a Pilates reformer class. Sweat is beautiful!

Peach Berry Smoothie

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 5
Keywords: blender breakfast snack gluten-free
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1/2 cup peaches
  • 1/2 cup Strawberries
  • 1/3 cup blueberries
  • 1 LARGE handful of romaine
  • 1 scoop protein powder
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup water
Instructions
Blend and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage



With this in my tummy, I powered through my last kickboxing class and Pilates class no problem. However, I was pretty hungry come7:30pm when it was time to eat dinner. Chicken fajitas in corn tortillas with avocado and a side of rice and black beans was on the menu for last night. Easy but delicious, and the hubby is a fan too!



I try to include as many different colors, via fruits and veggies, in my diet every day to try and fit in as much nutrition as possible. We all know we should do this, but sometimes it's nice to see exactly what each food helps our bodies do. Check out this great chart on the benefits of specific foods. Are there any you need to start including in your diet today? (Click on the picture to enlarge!)


Well that was my day in food. Nothing too spectacular but it gets the job done. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

What's up in your world?

In health,


share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.