Key West Grilled Chicken and PB2

Monday, April 30, 2012

Howdy!

How are you today? Did you have a nice weekend? I spent most of my weekend in my last Pilates Reformer workshop. I can't believe I am already done with all 6. Now, I have to work on fitting in all of my practice, observation, and teaching hours before I take my big final test! :) Champ spent most of his weekend just hanging out upside down. Oh the life of a pup!


After my workshop yesterday, I headed over to Central Market to do a little grocery shopping. Have you heard of PB2? I have read about it on a couple of blogs, and have been dying to try it but didn't want to order it online since I didn't know if I would like it. As I was roaming through CM, I stopped to scope out the peanut butter selection and almost gasped when I saw it! I was so excited!! PB2 comes in a powder form, and when you mix it with water it turns into a peanut butter consistency. It has 85% less fat than regular peanut butter and only 45 calories a serving. Check it out!



As soon as I got home, I couldn't wait to try it. So I whipped some up to eat with an apple for my afternoon snack.

It looks like peanut butter, it smells like peanut butter, it spreads like peanut butter and............ it tastes like peanut butter! I was amazed by how similar to regular peanut butter this stuff tasted. For 145 less calories per serving the slight difference in taste is totally worth it. I can't wait to try it in my green smoothie in the morning! Yummm!!!! PB2 you are my new hero!!

I decided to try out and new Pinterest inspired recipe for dinner - Key West Grilled Chicken. I followed the original recipe for the chicken pretty much exactly (minus cooking it in the oven instead of on the grill), but then got creative with the veggies. I started by mixing together my marinade.




I let the chicken soak in the marinade for about 2 hours, but you can leave them for as long as you want. While the chicken was marinating, I chopped up all of the beautiful veggies.




Key West Grilled Chicken

Ingredients:

Chicken
  • 3 chicken breasts (or 2 large)
  • 3 tbsp soy sauce (I used gluten free soy sauce)
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • juice of one large lime
Vegetables
  • 4 large carrots chopped
  • 5 new potatoes cubed
  • 1 large zucchini cubed
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic
  • lime zest
  • 1/2 tsp salt (more to taste)
  • 1/2 tsp pepper (more to taste)
Directions:
  1. Mix all marinade ingredients together. Place chicken breasts in a dish and cover with marinade. Allow to rest for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  3. Mix vegetables, olive oil, garlic, lime zest, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl.
  4. Pour veggies into a greased casserole dish and cover with foil.
  5. Cook for 1 hour.
  6. Place chicken on top of veggies, and cook for an additional 25-30 minutes depending on thickness of chicken.
  7. Remove from oven and enjoy!


The chicken was good, but the veggies were amazing!! We had a ton left over, and I can't wait to top my salads with them the rest of the week! E even liked it, so this recipe gets both of our stamps of approval.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

What did you do this weekend?

What's your favorite way to roast veggies?

In health,


share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.