Easy Peasy Fiesta Chicken

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Happy Hump Day!

It's Wednesday, and I definitely feel like the lack of sleep from my trip to Cali is catching up with me! :) It was still totally worth it though. I am definitely on board with the What I Ate Wednesday April Challenge by Peas and Crayons and I am trying hard to pack in the veggies!



Breakfast was a peach blueberry green smoothie.



Lunch was a big salad with basil goat cheese, carrots, hummus, and quinoa. As you can see I was pretty hungry come lunch time and forgot to take a picture until about halfway through. Whoops!


Dinner was definitely the best meal of the day. I made crock pot fiesta chicken. This meal is so easy, but absolutely amazing! E and I both love it, and it's healthy to boot.


All you need is chicken breasts, 1 can of yellow corn, 1 can of black beans, and 2/3 cup salsa of choice. Place the chicken in the crock pot and top with whole can or corn (I don't drain the corn), 2/3 cup of salsa, and 1 can of black beans (I drain and rinse the beans to cut down on sodium). Cooke on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Make sure you note that the time varies based on how big your crock pot is!


I whipped up some rice to go along with the chicken and veggies. Another bonus of this meal is the leftovers make a great Mexican salad the next day! :)
Lisa, over at Thrive Style posted this video on her Facebook page earlier today and it was too good not to share with you. Fox News interviews author Kimberly Snyder of the Beauty Detox Solution, on the 7 "Healthy" food that have more sugar than Twinkies!!! It's a must watch.



Are there any of those foods you need to rethink about. I know I'm going to go check my tomato sauce right now!

I hope you have a great Wednesday!

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.