Easter Weekend!

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Howdy!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend celebrating Easter, Passover, or just enjoying the nice weather!

When I got home from work on Friday, I had a package from Amazing Grass sitting on my front porch!



I have heard so many great things about this company, and I wanted to try a little bit of everything. Luckily for me, they have amazing sample packs that you can purchase to see what flavors/products you like before you buy the big tubs. I purchased an Amazing Meal Sample Combo, a Wheat Grass and Green Superfoods Sample Pack, and one other sample pack that had a few other superfood flavors. Amazing Grass products are all natural and literally bursting with nutrition. I couldn't wait to try one out, so I whipped up a smoothie for my afternoon snack on Friday and tried the Amazing Meal original flavor packet.



I used spinach, strawberries, 1/2 a banana, ice, and almond milk, plus the amazing meal packet. This was one super powered smoothie. Check out these facts on the Amazing Meal packet.


Since the original flavor actually didn't have much flavor, and I added extra spinach, the smoothie was a little green tasting (i.e. it wasn't as sweet as normal), but I still really enjoyed it. I can't wait to try the other flavors!! My smoothie fueled me for a little Easter shopping. I spent the rest of the afternoon putting together E's Easter basket. He's going to be on a sugar high for a month!


That evening, E and I got to go the the Maverick's basketball game with some people from my office. Even though the Mavs lost, it was a great game!!



We had a blast! Saturday morning was full of Easter goodies. I made E's favorite funfetti cookies, Easter themed Rice Krispie treats with white chocolate and M&M's, and cookie dough cheesecake.



E said they were both delicious, but he LOVED the cookie dough cheesecake. I found the recipe on this blog via Pinterest.

We felt very blessed to share such a wonderful Easter weekend with our family and friends. I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

How was your weekend?

What is your favorite Pinterest find?

In health,



share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.