No Bake Chocolate Cake for One

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Howdy!!

Happy Tuesday! I hope you are having a wonderful week so far! Mine has been a little chaotic (it's budget season at work), but pretty good!

You all know I am a bit of a worry wort, so when I came across this on Pinterest the other day, I had to save it!


I try to tell myself all the time "Don't worry, it will all work out," "The big man upstairs has a plan," but sometimes it's nice to hear/see it from someone else! Give yourself permission to not think, not wonder, not obsess sometimes. We all deserve that!

So I just told you not to obsess, but I'm pretty sure you are going to be obsessed with this next recipe. I shared with you a while back that I was obsessed with Kelly over at The Foodie Fiasco's no bake chocolate cake. Well, after many tries (I was doing research for you guys of course), I came up with a version of my own. Kelly still totally gets all of the cred, but I changed it to suite my taste buds and the ingredients have in my pantry.

No Bake Chocolate Cake for One

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 2 min
Keywords: microwave dessert gluten-free
Ingredients (1 serving)
  • 1.5 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill gluten free baking flour (or flour of choice)
  • 2.5 tablespoons raw cocoa
  • 1 egg white
  • 4 tablespoons almond milk
  • 2-4 Stevia packets depending on how sweet you like it (Lick the spoon to see if you need more sweetener. You know you wanted to anyway!)
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/8 tsp xantham gum
  • 1/8 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons light Cool Whip
Instructions
Grease a ramekin or coffee mug (be sure it is microwaveable safe)
Mix all ingredients together and pour in greased dish of choice
Microwave for 2-3 minutes depending on your microwave. You will want it to be firm but not dry. You'll know it's done when it starts to puff over the top of the ramekin and peels away from the sides slightly.
Top with Cool Whip and fruit of choice and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage

I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!! Have you done your Lean Legs March exercises for the day??

What is your favorite treat to cure a late night sweets craving?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.