Gluten-Free Pasta Review and Recipe

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Howdy!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thursday  Wednesday (crap I'm skipping days already). Mine was pretty good. I spent a lot of time teaching, and practicing choreography for new classes! That is definitely my favorite part of my job. I am constantly getting to learn and teach new things. :)
Yesterday, I tried out a new gluten-free pasta and was very impressed. If I didn't know it was gluten-free, I would have no idea it wasn't regular pasta.


It was tender without being mushy, and tasted great in the baked ziti I made. The best part was that even E said he loved it!! Winner!! I will be sticking with Tinkyada brown rice pasta from now on for sure! I used the shells, but they also had regular pasta and macaroni. I'm so excited to have a healthy gluten-free pasta alternative that both E and I like. No more making two different types of pasta for this girl. Now, on to the delicious and super easy baked ziti recipe I used these little beauties in. Here you go!

Gluten Free Baked Ziti

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 40
Keywords: boil bake entree gluten-free Italian
Ingredients (8 servings)
  • Tinkyada gluten-free pasta
  • 7.5 oz part skim ricotta cheese
  • 1/3 cup mozzarella
  • 2 tbsp. Parmesan
  • 12oz pasta sauce of choice
  • 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
Instructions
Cook pasta according to directions, rinsing with cool water after draining.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix ricotta, 1/4 cup mozzarella, Parmesan, and Italian seasoning with cooled pasta.
Pour into a greased 9X9 baking pan and cover with foil.
Bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Powered by Recipage

Let me know if you try it out, and have a fabulous rest of your hump day and a great Thursday!

How did you get your sweat on today?

What's your favorite type of pasta dish?

In health,

share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.