Football & Pancakes!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Howdy!
How was your Monday? Fun, I hope! Things were pretty calm around here, minus the threat of a storm that never really came didn't show up until 3 hours after it was projected to. The weather channel kept saying there was going to be hail and possibly tornadoes and nothing! I'm not complaining, I just wish I wouldn't have worried so much! ;)

Yesterday's post was all about the Lean Legs march challenge so I didn't have time to give you a weekend recap. This weekend I ran a bunch of errands with my friend Kelli, hung out with the hubby, watched some March Madness, and a little flag football, and of course did a little cooking.

Check out E's flag football team!


I was so proud of how well they played in their tournament. The next season starts next weekend, so the football fun really never ends around here! :)

Weekends mean pancakes to me, so this weekend I decided to try something new. I had heard good things about almond flour, and decided it was time to give it a try. Almond flour is a gluten-free, high protein, low carb flour that offers a sweet and nutty flavor to your baking. It also provides the same health benefits as regular almonds. It is high in monounsaturated fats which are associated with a reduced risk of heart disease. It is also packed with the antioxidant vitamin E. Almonds also contain magnesium and potassium. If that’s not enough for you, almonds have also been shown to decrease after-meal rises in blood sugar. Ready to try it now? Here you go!

Gluten-Free Almond Flour Pancakes

by Lauren George
Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 10
Keywords: grill breakfast gluten-free
Ingredients (4 small pancakes)
  • 1/4 cup almond flour
  • 2 tbsp. oat flour
  • 3 egg whites
  • 3 tbsp. almond milk (or milk of choice)
  • 1 stevia packet
  • 1/8 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp xantham gum
  • dash of salt
  • dash of cinnamon
Instructions
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
Pour into a small skillet and cook evenly on both sides.
Top with toppings of choice!
Powered by Recipage

I promise these guys will not dissapoint! They are so delicious, packed with protein, lower on carbs than normal pancakes, and super filling! :)

Have you ever tried almond flour?

What did you make with it?

In health,


share this on »
 photo facebook_zps8d483e9e.png
 photo twitter_zps1a2a45e0.png
 photo pinterest_zps549d2941.png
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

I would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.